cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ax11000 firmware!

jsarver
Level 11
Update is available but no change log posted. The update isn’t even listed on the product page yet.*
17 REPLIES 17

crion
Level 8
Just Confirmed on this firmware that 160MHz BW on the 5G-2 band is still unavailable and only 80MHz is online according to Wireless Log:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?114944-Enabling-160MHz-BW-on-5G-2-on-GT-AX1100-only-gets-8...

Both bands are operating at 160mhz for me now on this firmware.
for 5ghz-2 I had to set the channel manually to 100 for it to work.
Working on both GT-AX1100 and RT-AX92u

Do you have a link to the release notes?

jsarver
Level 11
Still no change log posted on the device support page.*

ronspitzer
Level 8
Change log is now posted. I installed this today and so far it does NOT seem to be stable. Connection to Internet says not available but it really is. Have had to restart the router 3 times already this morning just to get the internet to work. I still can't get both 5G bands to run at 160Hz. I only have the G2 band running at 160Mhz and only by forcing the channel to 124 and the band set to 160 only.

ronspitzer
Level 8
Had to go back to previous firmware to get it to stay running properly. No errors showed in logs it just stopped all clients from accessing the interent. Internal network was functioning on hardcoded IP's but no new IP's could be assigned and existing connections to the internet stopped working. Reboot fixed it for an hours but ultimately had to revert to 6436 release which had been very stable. Never needed to restart it for over a month until today.

ronspitzer
Level 8
Still no go for me. Installed new firmware, rebooted, reset to factory which rebooted. Reloaded config. Same result. It would only sort of work. Some of my devices could not even connect to the 2.4Ghz band. I could get some of my compuers working by forcing a DNS server in their IP settings to point to something other than the router. That would get them going for a while but eventually they would stop working to the internet. I could access my local network OK but no internet.

I had wireless speed losses, but by setting the channel manually to 128 and then to 104 (44-64 on 5G-1 band), i.e. forcing the router to change channels and then returning to the channel selected at the beginning, it was like unlocked and now it works wonderfully (even if I set the automatic selection of the Wi-Fi channel).

To operate the 160 mhz band, you need to manually set the control channel (I checked with a network analyzer) .