cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.47505 Broken, DNS error, No internet

trippytaka
Level 7
This new firmware update out today is very broken. It has a problem connecting to any DNS, none of my devices will go live on the internet. I tried reinstalling the firmware multiple times. Nothing worked. Had to revert back to previous firmware. This one is very broken.
6 REPLIES 6

trippytaka
Level 7
This firmware was so bad that when I rebooted my router today it went back to this firmware and destroyed my internet. Even after they pulled it. I had to install the previous firmware again. Dunno how its even possible for my router to make itself put on the new (pulled) firmware by itself.

ahfoo
Level 13
trippytaka wrote:
This new firmware update out today is very broken. It has a problem connecting to any DNS, none of my devices will go live on the internet. I tried reinstalling the firmware multiple times. Nothing worked. Had to revert back to previous firmware. This one is very broken.

With the new firmware upgrade, upon successful upgrade, perform a hard factory reset with the following method;

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039078

after reset, reconfigure your router. Hope it help to resolve your error/problems.

ahfoo wrote:
With the new firmware upgrade, upon successful upgrade, perform a hard factory reset with the following method;

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039078

after reset, reconfigure your router. Hope it help to resolve your error/problems.

It was bad firmware man, they pulled it off their website. The reset did not work. I'm waiting on new firmware at the moment, its been over a week since they pulled the bad one.

new firmware that came out today Version 3.0.0.4.386.47629, works fine so far. Testing it out now. I thought the 5ghz band might be improved with this firmware but I guess it's a problem with the router design itself. I could be right up next to the router on the 5ghz band and it will go up and down max out at 700ish mbps on a 1.2gbps connection right next to the router on a iphone 13. If i travel back to my room I can get speeds lower than 50mbps on the 5ghz band. My old asus router had 300+mbps in the same room. The 2.4ghz band is rock solid though, has nice range (full bars), can get about 150mbps on all locations throughout my 2000sq home. Hopefully they can improve the 5ghz band one day, my old cheaper router AX5400 was superior at 5ghz but lacked the 2.5gbe wan/lan ports this router provides. The lan is solid so far, I can get 1.4gbps benchmark on a speed test with my comcast 1.2gbps plan. I will keep testing the new firmware and let you guys know if I find anything.

trippytaka wrote:
new firmware that came out today Version 3.0.0.4.386.47629, works fine so far. Testing it out now. I thought the 5ghz band might be improved with this firmware but I guess it's a problem with the router design itself. I could be right up next to the router on the 5ghz band and it will go up and down max out at 700ish mbps on a 1.2gbps connection right next to the router on a iphone 13. If i travel back to my room I can get speeds lower than 50mbps on the 5ghz band. My old asus router had 300+mbps in the same room. The 2.4ghz band is rock solid though, has nice range (full bars), can get about 150mbps on all locations throughout my 2000sq home. Hopefully they can improve the 5ghz band one day, my old cheaper router AX5400 was superior at 5ghz but lacked the 2.5gbe wan/lan ports this router provides. The lan is solid so far, I can get 1.4gbps benchmark on a speed test with my comcast 1.2gbps plan. I will keep testing the new firmware and let you guys know if I find anything.

Hi
Please use the feedback to asus and PM me your email.
Thanks.

The lastest update which came out recently is also broken. Router don't show two ssid's anymore even after hard reset. Had to revert to 386 to start it working again.