Did you mean: 

MLO Not enablen on NON Pro be98 but only on PRO verion is Enabled

yosef01980
Level 7

this is on my router Regural BE98
1000024068.jpg

This is friend send me he have the BE98 PRO version
received_3605606299690828.jpeg

How is asus not enable this on NON pro versin?

9 REPLIES 9

Gennadij
Level 8

You have the authentication method - WPA2-Personal, but you must use WPA3-Personal for Wi-Fi 7

jzchen
Level 15

I honestly don't know why not, sadly.

Spartanjet
Level 7

might be using that beta firmware that's out there, I don't have that either and I'm running the latest official firmware for the 98 pro

Saltgrass
Level 13

The Windows support for Wi-Fi 7, currently, is only available in the 24H2 builds.  Since that version is only available in the Insider program, you would not be able to make use of that component.  Perhaps this is why ASUS is waiting to release a new firmware version.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

I submitted a feedback recently, but I wasn't sure what to relay to the ASUS manager that I know.  I got a response from support about how to use Parental controls, which I never used with my only son who is now 18/an adult by US law.

Then I found a BIOS update for my RT-AC68U.  If I had to guess what's going on ASUS may have lost senior programmers that can work on the latest WiFi 7/3.0.0.6_xxxxx firmwares because I am not seeing any 9.0.0.6.xxxxx/beta firmware release for over a year now on the GT-AXE16000.

I tried to offer to look at the code but I may be in way over my head so to speak as I'm not a programmer/only learned the basics before dropping out of CS...

@Saltgrass wrote:

The Windows support for Wi-Fi 7, currently, is only available in the 24H2 builds.  Since that version is only available in the Insider program, you would not be able to make use of that component.  Perhaps this is why ASUS is waiting to release a new firmware version.

Well, many android phones out there already support the MLO feature. Let's not make an excuse for ASUS. They are probably working hard on the firmware of some unreleased mid-range routers. They just don't care about the router they already sold lol

I sent a feedback recently, and someone who works on BIOS/Firmware cranked out one for my RT-AC68U, latest dated 24/04/15, so someone there is willing to make them, maybe just doesn't know the WiFi 7 stuff...

@MasterJ1   I did not think about the phones, my iPhone 15 does 5 G but does not appear to be MLO capable.  

I do not know if the EU situation may be involved, but if there were other, smaller problems, they could fix some of those.   So far, on the 98 Pro, I only saw one minor problem.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

I'm glad to read you aren't having much issues with your current setup.  I think I'm having a lot more issues mixing older routers and range extenders with the BE98 Pro, and this is on wired backhaul.  Not sure what is going on, seems too quiet, except I got a recent BIOS update on a RT-AC68U...