cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Future Router Feature Suggestions Here!

xeromist
Hi all,

ASUS ROG is requesting our best suggestions for ROG product improvements. As a moderator I won’t have the ability to implement your suggestions but I will be picking some of the best to highlight for the ROG team so they know what matters to us, the community.

Some guidelines for this thread:
1) Keep it positive and constructive. In most of the forum I try to allow you all to express your thoughts freely (within reason). This thread has the express purpose of generating constructive suggestions so I will be moderating this thread and deleting posts that do not contribute to that goal.
2) Keep it concise and on topic. Some minor discussion regarding a specific suggestion is welcome but if you would like to have a longer conversation I ask you start an additional thread and link it in your post here. You can also request a moderator move your posts if you have need.
3) Try for realistic ideas that appeal broadly to gamers. A small improvement on an existing ROG product is much more likely to get chosen than an entirely new product that only matters to a small number of people.
4) Support your favorites! You don’t have to come up with a suggestion to help. If you see something you like, quote it and say so! More support for an idea improves its chances.

EDIT:
I’ve updated the titles for these feedback threads to reflect that this is primarily for *future* products. Sorry for the lack of clarity. While there is a chance some ideas could be implemented via software updates it’s most likely any suggestions would be rolled into new products.
Also, these threads are not for issue reporting and such posts won’t reach the right people. Please post issues in the ROG Care > Hardware & Software Support section. Or contact ASUS support via phone or email for immediate assistance.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…
50 REPLIES 50

Greetings,

I just saw the new router (RT-BE96U and ROG Rapture GT-BE98) launch. I really hope that Asus make a Modem/Router that have an direct SFP+ port and not 10G BaseT ports since i am looking forward to buy one that don't require me to use a media converter to get from my fiber to BaseT.

This request comes from my current setup where i have a media converter attached to an DSL-AX82U where, for some strange reason, my WAN connection drops to 100m and rebooting the router i get my 1Gbps connection back, too bad that i cannot force 1Gbps connection from the configuration on the WAN port.

So yeah, please make a modem/router packed with new WiFi7 tech but having a SFP+ port and i will look forward to get one, anyway if this router don't have an SFP+ port i'm wondering why 🙂

Awaiting a kind reply,
Thank you

McSmoove wrote:
if this router don't have an SFP+ port i'm wondering why 🙂

Awaiting a kind reply,
Thank you

Hi McSmoove,

ASUS doesn't reply to this thread but I guess I can. It's just a place for me to collect feedback. I don't work for ASUS but I can tell you the reason for no SFP/+ is that these products are primarily targeted at home users and the vast majority of home users don't want or need SFP. It's basically non-existent in US homes and we're one of the biggest markets. Perhaps it's changing in Europe? So ASUS isn't going to take up space that could be used by a Base-T port that many many more people will actually use, especially when converter modules are available.

Your specific issue is way outside of the scope of this forum but I can make a few suggestions. Rebooting the router doesn't confirm the router is the source of the issue. A reboot is going to initiate a renegotiation on both ends, so either device could be at fault.

1) So it might be the SFP module itself. If you are using 10g module and expecting it to negotiate down to 1g that could be an issue. Maybe just a module that doesn't play well with your host device. This is extremely common when the module is a different brand than the host device. If you can try a different 1g module from a different brand you might have better luck.

2) A managed device will have the ability to configure the SFP port. Instead of letting it auto-negotiate, force it to 1g in the configuration interface. This will make it so it's impossible to degrade to 100m. When I first connected my 10g switch to my 1g switch with a DAC they wouldn't talk at all until I manually forced the 10g switch to 1g on that port. Really common when trying to go from SFP+ to anything else.

If you wish to discuss your issue further, please start a new thread. But again, commercial tech is well outside the scope of this forum so the number of users with any expertise is probably rather low.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Shinchan0125
Level 10
have more router that is wall mountable. I want to upgrade my AX88U to 6E or future..
Wall Mount
WAN 2.5G
LAN 8 Port 2.5G
This will be awesome...

It will be nice to have option to change region on AXE11000

jzchen
Level 14

WiFI 7- TP-Link has a deco product with two 6 GHz bands (1 and 2).  They also have a non-deco product with WiFi Alliance Easy Mesh capabilities.  ASUS ROG 7 phone has WiFi 7, they need to get on the ball and have dual 6 GHz band to compete.

jzchen
Level 14

May be possible, crossing fingers...  A tree trunk/branch fell recently knocking out the coax cable providing internet service to our house.  While I had an Android phone setup for backup it did not switch over, and our internet was immediately down.  The solution was to unplug one end of the Ethernet cable between cable modem and WAN port (AXE16000) upon which backup service was almost immediately provided from the cellular service.

As a suggestion if possible make it actually switch over when there is a service side of modem/ONT outage….

dehinson
Level 7

Improvement: Better or improved options for Network Place (Samba) Share.

Problem: Sambra seems to see a previous Share Folder on my USB Drive. However, when going to Map Drive, the 'share' folder does not exist and therefore cannot map drive to USB Drive. So, I would like to see more options, tools for Sambra to resolve this issue.

dvinil
Level 7

For the GT-AX6000 router allow more than two VPN Fusion active concurrent connections at the same time. Can the limit be three  in future firmware upgrade releases ?

thanks.

Robke
Level 7

Include in the Traffic Analyser and other related tools ALSO traffic that is routed via the built-in VPN server(s).

Once I externally connect my device(s) via the VPN server, the generated traffic is not visbile anywhere. 

jzchen
Level 14

My main concern is ASUS has fallen off the ball so to speak.  TP-Link has WiFi 7 options being sold and more being released.  Even as we await release of the RT-BE96 and GT-BE98 the current options available already surpass them.  TP-Link has been selling their BE95 (BE33000) product on Amazon and through Best Buy for a while now, and it surpasses these two ASUS routers that aren’t even released yet.  They need to get back to the top specs wise.  I can live with bugs as long as BIOS fixes can be provided.

I’m honestly not waiting for an inferior product…