cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Future Router Feature Suggestions Here!

xeromist
Hi all,

ASUS ROG is requesting our best suggestions for ROG product improvements. As a moderator I won’t have the ability to implement your suggestions but I will be picking some of the best to highlight for the ROG team so they know what matters to us, the community.

Some guidelines for this thread:
1) Keep it positive and constructive. In most of the forum I try to allow you all to express your thoughts freely (within reason). This thread has the express purpose of generating constructive suggestions so I will be moderating this thread and deleting posts that do not contribute to that goal.
2) Keep it concise and on topic. Some minor discussion regarding a specific suggestion is welcome but if you would like to have a longer conversation I ask you start an additional thread and link it in your post here. You can also request a moderator move your posts if you have need.
3) Try for realistic ideas that appeal broadly to gamers. A small improvement on an existing ROG product is much more likely to get chosen than an entirely new product that only matters to a small number of people.
4) Support your favorites! You don’t have to come up with a suggestion to help. If you see something you like, quote it and say so! More support for an idea improves its chances.

EDIT:
I’ve updated the titles for these feedback threads to reflect that this is primarily for *future* products. Sorry for the lack of clarity. While there is a chance some ideas could be implemented via software updates it’s most likely any suggestions would be rolled into new products.
Also, these threads are not for issue reporting and such posts won’t reach the right people. Please post issues in the ROG Care > Hardware & Software Support section. Or contact ASUS support via phone or email for immediate assistance.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…
53 REPLIES 53

xeromist
It's OK that you have a separate thread. These suggestion threads are most likely to be used for future products. I may need to update them to make that clear.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Thanks for the heads-up.

mittenz
Level 8
AX11000 needs more frequent updates to fix the wifi issues.
AX-92U as a mesh has been neglected and forgotten aswell, more wifi updates.

Also please add in a disable led option for the AX11000 similar to merlin firmware does.

mittenz
Level 8
Also if possible it would be nice to have access to more modern beta frimware for devices here, currently the last beta driver thats been shared was Nov 2021.

Would be awesome to have a thread here updated regularlly.

I am often on the go roaming around here and changing the device from which I am managing my Asus GS-AX3000 router. Sometimes, I might be logged in from my main PC, get called away, and have to log in from my phone. Often, when this happens I see the error shown in the attachment and I cannot go any further.

I totally understand not wanting multiple router administration sessions simultaneously. But on my old Netgear router, they handled this in a much better way, I think. On it, when this is encountered, it showed a dialog as seen in the second attachment. I suppose that doing this cleared a semaphore somewhere, terminating the old session and allowing a new one to begin.

Asus, please do this too! It sacrifices nothing but it adds a great deal of flexibility not available now.

It is great that the UI on my new GS-AX3000 has the ability to save the current syslog to my disk. But for some reason, at least on my Windows 10 machine, it wants to save it with an extension of .pdf. When I do this and look at the file in a text editor, I can see this is NOT a PDF file, just a plain text file. This is fine and makes perfect sense. What does not make sense is that the UI wants it to be save as .pdf by default. It is just confusing and the result looks less pleasant and is less searchable/manipulated in a PDF reader than in something like a plain, old text editor. Thanks

dpwhite wrote:
It is great that the UI on my new GS-AX3000 has the ability to save the current syslog to my disk. But for some reason, at least on my Windows 10 machine, it wants to save it with an extension of .pdf. When I do this and look at the file in a text editor, I can see this is NOT a PDF file, just a plain text file. This is fine and makes perfect sense. What does not make sense is that the UI wants it to be save as .pdf by default. It is just confusing and the result looks less pleasant and is less searchable/manipulated in a PDF reader than in something like a plain, old text editor. Thanks

Can you try to submit this as a bug report? I've never done it in the interface myself but I'm told it should be doable.

xeromist wrote:
Can you try to submit this as a bug report? I've never done it in the interface myself but I'm told it should be doable.

Thanks. I have sent in several reports of several types that way. I have never heard word one from the effort. So I have no idea if they are even getting them. Cheers

As a German gamer I would love to easily use the G.993.5 standard for Supervectoring (SVDSL)
https://www.elektronik-kompendium.de/sites/kom/1804231.htm

Using the current Asus DSL-AC88U-B and I love the router with all its features.

But getting the 250 Mbit to work with "Deutsche Telekom" is a pain. And all online forums are in Germany just say "give up and get a AVM FritBox".
The product is great but this is kind of problematic it should just work! :"(

ASUS developers MUST pay more attention before to release a firmware update.