cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with 3.0.0.4.388_23012 on ROG AXE 16000

Rog_Jan
Level 7

Just upgraded to 3.0.0.4.388_23012-g1166fba and having issues.

Connection becomes unresponsive (3 times so far) - internet drops (still connected to the router though) and can't even open the routers address on my Laptop (everything keeps stating "no internet" endless looping tabs in chrome.

Was able to log into the router on my phone though, Router interface showed "0" connected clients - empty list....

Topology: Asus ROG AXE 16000 as Main - Zenwifi ET12 as Mesh node (connected via 2.5gb backhaul)

Problems started since upgrading to: 3.0.0.4.388_23012-g1166fba

Are you even testing those releases before you push them? Something like this should not happen on such an expensive device.

5 REPLIES 5

jzchen
Level 14

Experienced something similar sent a 12 hr feedback, Ethernet linked nodes (RP type) also dropped connection…

@jzchen I noticed the ability to use an iPhone as a WAN backup is included in this release, so they are bringing the Beta changes into the Public release.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Have to open the links provided in the description to find that.  It’s very easy to plug in either Android or iPhone once set up as described.  Dual WAN is shown.  Recently had a tree branch knock down our cable and hence internet.  I had to disconnect the WAN Ethernet cable on the back of the AXE16000 before it would use the phone data.  Wonder if they were able to figure out a way to detect the outage vs unplugging the cable physically…

Saltgrass
Level 13

When I have problems, I like to make the system a simple as possible.  Having mesh nodes, connected through the normal WAN port may be involved.  I assumed you do have one of the 10 GBE ports set as you current WAN?

You do have a browser other than Chrome? 

I assume it goes without saying, I do not appear to see the problem you have.

If you haven't checked your logs, you might try.  Make sure and have a time when the drop happens.  They are not easy to read, unless something obvious shows up.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

jzchen
Level 14

Thank you @Saltgrass for contributing your experience.

My ISP provided modem is connected to the 2.5 Gbps (I think it’s blue) WAN port in my case…

After updating did you do a hard reset?  (I have a couple of nodes that are hard to reach (one I estimate 12 ft up on a window sill and another towards the back of a room used as storage).  Reluctant to unless I find it may help…