cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any good reason......

scotsue
Level 7
...to do a full reset of an ASUS XT8 mesh network, and start over setting it up? Similar to reformatting your computer which I do 1 or 2 times a year.

The reason I ask is as time goes on, I notice little quirks within my network that seem weird like it goes off line more often, devices drop out from time to time. So I was wondering if resetting up your network from the start can make things run as new, fix little issues, and just make it run better as if it were out of the box new if there is such a thing. Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4

jzchen
Level 14
If you have the time and patience I don't see why not. I guess my only input is that a hard reset doesn't appear to reinstall any firmware, just reset all configurational settings to default and reboot. I guess the analogous process would be to flash an old firmware, then reinstall the latest firmware...

scotsue
Level 7
Thank you for your comment jzchen. So if you do a hard reset it doesn't reset the firmware to out of the box?

scotsue wrote:
Thank you for your comment jzchen. So if you do a hard reset it doesn't reset the firmware to out of the box?

Hi,

Having just hard reset a few of my nodes I can confirm it keeps the current firmware. (It also takes less than maybe 10 seconds to do, which I don't feel is enough time for it to reload/reinstall firmware, from all my experience updating)...

scotsue
Level 7
Got it, Thank you jzchen. 🙂