cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't change the IP address of GT-AXE16000 router from 192.168.50.1 to 192.168.1.1?

Infernal
Level 8

I want to change the IP address on a GT-AXE16000, but I don't see any option for it. I've found this (and other) articles, but that's the old UI. The new UI has a LAN option but with only the IP Binding options in it. See attached.

Does anyone know how to change the default IP to 192.168.1.1 on this router?

Screenshot_20231031_173242_ASUS Router.jpgScreenshot_20231031_173255_ASUS Router.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jzchen
Level 14

On the upper left corner the three horizontal bars if you tap it, there should be a list of options the bottom (mine has a G because it’s linked to my Google account) hopefully

Visit Web GUI

Tap that, log in, and then on the left under Advanced Settings -> LAN -> LAN IP (tab) you should be able to change it there then Apply.  Also make sure the DHCP server (tab) is correct:

LAN IP 192.168.1.1

DHCP should serve 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254, (something like that).

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

jzchen
Level 14

Let me see if I can find this option on the app.  For sure it is available if you go to the WebGUI….

The WebGUI is different? I don't have the router here, I can check in a few days. I assumed the app has the same options.

Can you give me bit more details about the WebGUI? Is it just navigating to 192.168.50.1? Or do I need to install something?

The Web GUI is complete, the app is just a subset of options.

If you are on your local network you are correct you can use the router’s LAN IP which is by default 192.168.50.1,  or after you change yours 192.168.1.1.  www.asusrouter.com should work as well, but I just tested it to make sure, I always usually just type in the IP.

Away as you note you are away, it would be a DDNS address which is really really long.  Luckily the app directs to that address so it’s nice you don’t have to memorize it or cut and paste.  Technically you are on the Web GUI at that point where it asks you to log in.  (Sorry if that’s already something you know, just wanted to explain just in case).

There’s an Instant Guard VPN app which is really cool.  (I am also currently away and on a public network).  I open it and click the shield, wait until it says I’m protected, then open the ASUS router app.  It shows me on the router local IP address meaning the router thinks I am at home, but I’m not.  Something you may like to use for protection while out on public networks…

jzchen
Level 14

On the upper left corner the three horizontal bars if you tap it, there should be a list of options the bottom (mine has a G because it’s linked to my Google account) hopefully

Visit Web GUI

Tap that, log in, and then on the left under Advanced Settings -> LAN -> LAN IP (tab) you should be able to change it there then Apply.  Also make sure the DHCP server (tab) is correct:

LAN IP 192.168.1.1

Oh I missed that completely. Thank you so much.

@jzchen wrote:

I set DHCP server from .200 - .254

Also going through the LAN list and assigning names/IP's to all my own hardware,phones etc

This also lets me know and see 'extra' connections because it starts .2XX

Actually I may have to eat my words that the app is a subset now that you mention that method of seeing “new devices”.

The mobile app can be set to notify you of new device connections.  Does this also not work on yours?

BTW- Latest iOS tend to privatize the MAC address and keep showing up as new devices…

Did not know app could be set to do that.

My AXE16000 is stuck on 386 FW version so don't have latest options.