cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reach GT-AX11000 from internet in a double NAT set up?

Gorille
Level 8
Hi all,

Here is my set up :
ISP Modem/Router :
1- Wifi deactivated
2 - DHCP (on a limited IP range)/NAT/DNS activated
3 - No bridge mode (I still want to administrate it and use its ethernet ports)
Asus AX11000 :
1 - Connected to my ISP router with a fixed IP (outside of the IP range managed by ISP router DHCP)
2 - Manages DHCP/NAT/Use default ISP DNS)
3 - Manages Wifi

I have a double NAT but no major issue as I can access my different devices/services from Internet thanks to Port forwarding.

The only issue I'm not able to fix is how to reach my GT-AX11000 administration console from Internet?

Can someone help me to set this up?

Thank you upfront for your help.

Cheers,

Gorille
6 REPLIES 6

Gorille
Level 8
A bit weird to answer to myself but since I found the solution, I thought it could help someone.

I had to "Enable Web Access from WAN" on the GT-AX11000 by going in "Administration --> System --> Remote Access Config"
After chosing a port in "HTTPS Port of Web Access from WAN", I had to create a prot forwarding rule in both my GT-AX11000 and then on my ISP router.

Works like a charm now 🙂

Which port in Https web access from wan did you choose? I'm having double nat issue with ee smart hub. Internet works but none of the nat types features are working 

You may try DDNS service?  Advanced Settings -> WAN -> DDNS -> Enable DDNS Client.

May use this to find your address:

https://iplookup.asus.com/nslookup.php

MeAsus
Level 8

I would forward a selected port of your choice and forward that port to your router's IP and set up a vpn server connecton on the router with that port.  Then from the remote machine/phone set up that VPN connection with that port and IP (or DDNS), you should be able to connect.

jzchen
Level 14

Is there a benefit of not setting up the ASUS router as an Access Point?

I would change the IP address to one within the ISP router DHCP server range.

I've connected the asus to ISP router via lan 3, internet access is good. I've set up a static IP on ps5 and put the Asus in the DMZ of isp router and open nat has now now achieved. Not sure why it wasn't working before but it's good now.