cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AXE110000 no scanning.

Phrede
Level 7
Hi from the Noob.

Just fired up my new GT-AXE11000 and noticed the scan function for other WiFi channels is a no go. Is this normal for this early model?

I've also install a AX210 card in my WinPro10/64 machine (21H2) with driver v. 22.90.0.5. 6G networks don't appear. I did the "Is6GhzBandSupported" registry edit. Still nothing. Any ideas on anything else? TIA
293 Views
12 REPLIES 12

Saltgrass
Level 12
Phrede wrote:
Hi from the Noob.

Just fired up my new GT-AXE11000 and noticed the scan function for other WiFi channels is a no go. Is this normal for this early model?

I've also install a AX210 card in my WinPro10/64 machine (21H2) with driver v. 22.90.0.5. 6G networks don't appear. I did the "Is6GhzBandSupported" registry edit. Still nothing. Any ideas on anything else? TIA


You need to be running Win 11 to see the 6e network and be able to sign securely. I think they invalidated the registry hack so you no longer even see the 6 GHz radio.

If you are referring to the Router's Wi-Fi Radar ability to scan local Wi-Fi radios, it should be able to show the 2.4 and 5 GHz radios but even in Win 11, the 6 GHz only shows as being on channel 1 with no real bandwidth, but basically inoperative for the 6 GHz.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel AX411

Saltgrass wrote:
You need to be running Win 11 to see the 6e network and be able to sign securely. I think they invalidated the registry hack so you no longer even see the 6 GHz radio.

If you are referring to the Router's Wi-Fi Radar ability to scan local Wi-Fi radios, it should be able to show the 2.4 and 5 GHz radios but even in Win 11, the 6 GHz only shows as being on channel 1 with no real bandwidth, but basically inoperative for the 6 GHz.


Thanks for the reply. It shows nothing with Wi-Fi radar on ANY band.

I checked before purchasing and was told WinPro 64b was acceptable. I have read where others with the same have got it working with 6E. When I check the log there are hundreds of :

Dec 4 05:50:20 avahi-daemon[1681]: avahi_normalize_name() failed.
Dec 4 05:50:23 avahi-daemon[1681]: avahi_normalize_name() failed.
Dec 4 05:50:28 avahi-daemon[1681]: avahi_normalize_name() failed.

I'm not sure the meaning, but having a failure every few seconds isn't ever a good thing.

A new OS isn't an option. Who do you mean when you say they invalidated the hack? MS?

RedSector73
Level 12
Are you running latest firmware on the router ?

6E is an auto band for 2.4 & 5.0 Ghz network. What is does is have one broadcast channel which automatically selects the best use of 2.4 or 5.0 Ghz, the AX210 works correctly with 6E. So what is does is have one broadcast channel instead 2.4 & 5.0, these are now hidden and the router selects based on criteria which one is best suited for the connection to 2.4 & 5.0. This is what I see on my network with 6E and how I believe it works, not really bothered digging in any further and this is my assumptions of how it works. When or if it does not work, I'll bother to actually check my assumptions.

RedSector73 wrote:
Are you running latest firmware on the router ?

6E is an auto band for 2.4 & 5.0 Ghz network. What is does is have one broadcast channel which automatically selects the best use of 2.4 or 5.0 Ghz, the AX210 works correctly with 6E. So what is does is have one broadcast channel instead 2.4 & 5.0, these are now hidden and the router selects based on criteria which one is best suited for the connection to 2.4 & 5.0. This is what I see on my network with 6E and how I believe it works, not really bothered digging in any further and this is my assumptions of how it works. When or if it does not work, I'll bother to actually check my assumptions.


I have the latest version in the router firmware 3.0.0.4.386_45940-gaafbb83 and Win10/64 is the latest build 21H2/19044.1387. The AX210 is also the latest driver 22.90.0.5

Technically, my issue is not the 6E protocol but the 6GHz band 6E brings with it. I am not using Smart Connect or any other auto band/channel selection.

Phrede wrote:
I have the latest version in the router firmware 3.0.0.4.386_45940-gaafbb83 and Win10/64 is the latest build 21H2/19044.1387. The AX210 is also the latest driver 22.90.0.5

Technically, my issue is not the 6E protocol but the 6GHz band 6E brings with it. I am not using Smart Connect or any other auto band/channel selection.


From my testing, as I mentioned, you need Win 11 to use 6e. The first time it worked for me was when the Insider Group was given the first Win 11 Build.

I believe MS is withholding this from Win 10 in order to make Win 11 look more advanced. The registry hack did help at one time, but later it did not. Both of my Win 11 systems see the 6e Radio fine but none of the Win 10 systems do.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel AX411

Saltgrass wrote:
From my testing, as I mentioned, you need Win 11 to use 6e. The first time it worked for me was when the Insider Group was given the first Win 11 Build.

I believe MS is withholding this from Win 10 in order to make Win 11 look more advanced. The registry hack did help at one time, but later it did not. Both of my Win 11 systems see the 6e Radio fine but none of the Win 10 systems do.


Not really. I am currently using it in Windows 10. The issue isn't Microsoft. The latest Intel drivers is what killed it. See my other post.

RedSector73
Level 12
Perhaps try the alternative firmware, you can flash back if it does not help your problem.
https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/

Merlin does not support this router yet.

RedSector73
Level 12