cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AXE11000 Password Invalid After Firmware Update

alex_strebel
Level 7
I searched the forum and it seems like I'm the only one who has this issue. My login password changes by itself after a firmware update. The first time I thought I forgot the password and had to do a factory reset, but this time I'm 100% certain that the password changed by itself. Is that a known issue? Do I have to do a factory reset every time I do a firmware update?

Is there a way to reset the password without a factory reset?
3 REPLIES 3

Saltgrass
Level 13
I do not remember for sure if my passwords are changed, but they may go back to the default user/password. I do know what my password is so I can get back in and I think that is how it works.

Since we just had a firmware update it may be a while before I can check. I do know I have not needed to do any factory resets.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

The only time I've had to research the default password was when I hard/factory reset to move from being the main router to a node. All firmware updates kept the same password as far as I can remember.

I can't think of any way to reset it back to the default without hard resetting it. It would be a security risk and likely patched by ASUS if there was a way.

I am on firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384.5979. I am also having this problem. I am going to update to the latest. Funny thing is it would not accept my login, but when I clicked on the update website, I was already logged in? The router gui loaded right up and I was able to get into my router?