cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AX6000 Manual or User Guide?

RouterOnFire
Level 8
There isn't a manual or user guide on the support site, or at least I don't see it.... How does Asus sell a >$300 device without documentation?

I looked and found the RT-AX89X has a 139 page user guide, which I'm assuming I can use for most features on the webGUI, since they are both high end dual bands, but that might be assuming too much.

Does anyone know of how to get ahold of a AX6000 manual? And for anyone researching routers to buy, you might want to make sure they have a manual on the website before you buy and don't assume it will ship with one. That's what I did and was dumbfounded when all I pulled out of the box was a one page quick start and a "please register your product" card. :confused:
7 REPLIES 7

ahfoo
Level 13

Saltgrass
Level 13
On the router pages, you might look at the bottom to see if "Manual" is an option. I don't know if it is on all pages, but it should be on some.

It will take you to the link referenced.

If it was to be a pre-purchase situation, there is a user guide available but not the manual. The user guide is just a pamphlet that comes in the box.

I was able to get a manual for the AXE-16000 but I don't remember where, possibly using the link from the AXE-11000.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Thank you for the suggestions. ahfoo, that link is a 171 page document which made me think it was it, but on looking through it, it's just all of the different language quick start guides put together.

I did look at the official support page, which is what is also referenced in the quick start guide as the place to get the manual. This is https://rog.asus.com/us/networking/rog-rapture-gt-ax6000-model/helpdesk/.

Nothing is there except for the quick starts and some energy consumption documents.

Following the pattern for the GT-AXE11000 manual, it should be here once actually published:

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/GT-AX6000/E19041_GT-AX6000_UM_WEB.pdf

The configuration options (with the obvious exceptions of things like the particular set of frequencies and physical ports) should be mostly the same across the different ROG Rapture GT-AX* models. They all run the same ASUSWRT firmware, just with minor differences in the builds (in theory), and all GT-AX builds should be very similar in terms of feature set. So, it depends exactly what you are looking for, but the other manuals should cover most of it, with a little common sense added to allow for the differences in physical ports and number of radio bands.

Murph_9000 wrote:
The configuration options (with the obvious exceptions of things like the particular set of frequencies and physical ports) should be mostly the same across the different ROG Rapture GT-AX* models. They all run the same ASUSWRT firmware, just with minor differences in the builds (in theory), and all GT-AX builds should be very similar in terms of feature set. So, it depends exactly what you are looking for, but the other manuals should cover most of it, with a little common sense added to allow for the differences in physical ports and number of radio bands.

I was sitting with a similar thought a while back when someone else was looking for a manual. I ended up holding back because the statement is a double edged sword so to speak. Just as one could adapt another model manual to their non-manualed router, ASUS could just as easily adapt such manual and produce the manual themselves....

This was giving me a lot of consternation. Why does Asus not make it themselves when they are so similar...

Thank you all for the links. I now have three manuals, the AX89X, AX11000, and the AXE11000. They do all look very similar, and they all leave out some important items like link aggregation, lol! :confused:

I was looking it up for a reply on another thread, and had to go looking through Asus' online FAQ to find documentation on it.