cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AX11000 WebGui Issue

rjnagy
Level 7
Hey all,
Experiencing an issue when going to the main login page. Getting "This site can't be reached. 192.x.x.x refused to connect. ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED". I have tried going both via IP and via router.asus.com. I have tried from three different devices: laptop, desktop, and phone using the last using the ASUS Router App." I have also tried multiple browsers. Last night after everyone was off the network I powered down the router and unplugged it for about 5 minutes. After bringing it back up I was able to get in for about a minute before the issue resumed. I am really trying not to reset the router to factory default as your talking about a couple hours. External connectivity is fine and I can ping tracert to the router and to the outside world. Never had this problem in the past. Desktop is hardwired to the Router.

Operating System for Laptop and Desktop is Windows 10 64 bit
Operating System for phone is Android Pie

Firmware on the Router I am showing is:
3.0.0.4.384_6438-g901ff3c

Have been using both lastest versions of Edge and Chrome
7 REPLIES 7

chris_k
Level 8
Did you by chance enable https? Try putting :8443 at the end of the router's ip address.

MelodicApex8
Level 7
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?122018-ASUS-GT-AX11000-wan-disconnect-and-reconnect#post82...

My issue may be better suited to this thread, my issue started 12/20 and the internet light went red on the AC5300. I currently cannot access GUI or APP to create/confirm a secure network and maintain access. I have access to the net wirelessly but but no control over the GUI or APP, all things have lead back to the ASUS server according to ASUS AEC.

MelodicApex8 wrote:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?122018-ASUS-GT-AX11000-wan-disconnect-and-reconnect#post82...

My issue may be better suited to this thread, my issue started 12/20 and the internet light went red on the AC5300. I currently cannot access GUI or APP to create/confirm a secure network and maintain access. I have access to the net wirelessly but but no control over the GUI or APP, all things have lead back to the ASUS server according to ASUS AEC.

I hate to do this, just hard reset the router and setup again. I know this quite troublesome., but just do it.

ahfoo wrote:
I hate to do this, just hard reset the router and setup again. I know this quite troublesome., but just do it.

So your saying if i do yet another hard reset i may get access to the web GUI/app? I understand it may fix issues at times, but im also not trying to brick the device!!

MelodicApex8 wrote:
So your saying if i do yet another hard reset i may get access to the web GUI/app? I understand it may fix issues at times, but im also not trying to brick the device!!

Are you able to access the router from a wired connection? When you've reset the router, did you click the wps button to clear the nvram?

MelodicApex8
Level 7
it is not consistent. I have cleared the browsing history several times and still get a grey/white screen - it can take several minutes to gain access.

I did not click the wps button, i will try to click the button first. If no luck i guess try to reset and click wps again?

I am not knowledgeable with networking but can easily function with direction, i just need to read up on the topic again for a while before i am familiar 🙂

Did you tied to assign a fixed ip address to your network adapter?