cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AX11000 random dropouts

masterww
Level 7
Hi, So i have experienced numerous 2.4ghz dropouts with this router, but it seemed to get better as the months have gone by, but in the last week, I am experiencing these issues again. The 2.4ghz range will just stop working although it seems everything connected on 5ghz remains and works without an issue. I have to end up restarting the router over and over again to get the 2.4ghz up. I have about 30-35 devices connected to the 2.4ghz range (connected house and all that) and it seems stable most of the time, but these disconnection issues have popped up again and I would just like some help on how to resolve it.
15 REPLIES 15

wilsondenq
Level 10
masterww wrote:
Hi, So i have experienced numerous 2.4ghz dropouts with this router, but it seemed to get better as the months have gone by, but in the last week, I am experiencing these issues again. The 2.4ghz range will just stop working although it seems everything connected on 5ghz remains and works without an issue. I have to end up restarting the router over and over again to get the 2.4ghz up. I have about 30-35 devices connected to the 2.4ghz range (connected house and all that) and it seems stable most of the time, but these disconnection issues have popped up again and I would just like some help on how to resolve it.

Hi

Please use feedback mail function in administration, we can check your logs, please also provide your email via private message, we can query your log from our server.

Thanks.

ahfoo
Level 13
masterww wrote:

It may be your surrounding area 2.4GHz network traffic too congested. causing bandwidth channel overlaps. This is one of the reason why I turn off my 2.4GHZ.

Tried that, even set it to a few different channels, but it works best when on auto. Still having the dropout issues.

Does anyone know the limit of concurrent connections? would around 30-35 be hitting the mark?

masterww wrote:
Tried that, even set it to a few different channels, but it works best when on auto. Still having the dropout issues.

Does anyone know the limit of concurrent connections? would around 30-35 be hitting the mark?

Try setting your Channel bandwidth to 20 and Control Channel to 9.

I am not sure the limit. My maximum device connected to the router around 27. But I am on aimesh with two AC5300 as node wired to the AX11000 as main router.

i have 35 connected right now and could go up to 40. Now on auto, it seems like it has stabilized in the last day. I will try what you requested as well if i get the issue again and check the results.

Do any mods have any info from my submitted ticket via the router?

the channel bandwidth was set to 20/40 and auto for the channel. I have now updated it to be 20 only and on channel 9. Will let you know how it goes.

still the same issue. i had the 5300 with no issues what so ever in the past and upgraded to this.

Also i do have an ax88u in mesh mode to help.

masterww wrote:
still the same issue. i had the 5300 with no issues what so ever in the past and upgraded to this.

Also i do have an ax88u in mesh mode to help.

The device which connected to 2.4 GHz not stable mostly connected to the main router or connected to your AX88U mesh node. Why not you try disconnect the AX88U from your main router as aimesh and concentrate connecting only to your AX11000 router 2.4 GHz signal. And monitor if the problem still surface.

So i tried that and the signal was terrible! . I reset the ax88u and hooked it up as a mesh router again as I did notice that only 5ghz connections were connecting to it.

It is now connecting clients on both 2.4 and 5.

I will keep this setup running and see how it goes.

Also just fyi, that i had the ax-11000 as the only router until i started having problems with 2.4 dropping.