cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AX11000 New Firmware Release Version 3.0.0.4.386.41700

D_McD_EMS_USMC
Level 7
New firmware released:

https://rog.asus.com/us/networking/rog-rapture-gt-ax11000-model/helpdesk_download/

1. AiMesh 2.0 - System optimization: one click in AiMesh to optimize the topology - System Ethernet backhaul mode, all nodes will only connect by ethernet, all bands will be released for wireless clients. - System factory default and reboot. - Client device reconnect, make the device to offline and online again. - Client device binding to specific AP. - Guest WiFi on all Mesh nodes (all node need to upgrade to 3.0.0.4.386 firmware) - Access nodes USB application. Connection priority and Ethernet backhaul mode introduction https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044184 How to setup ASUS AiMesh or ZenWiFi Mesh Ethernet backhaul under different conditions https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044151/

*2. New Family interface in ASUS router App. ASUS Router App for iOS must greater or equal to iOS v1.0.0.5.75 Android version greater or equal to v1.0.0.5.74

*3. The unit of the WiFi time scheduler goes to 1 minute.

*4. Support IPSec IKE v1 and IKE v2, and you can use the Windows 10 native VPN client program to connect to the router's IPSec VPN server. The Windows 10 new FAQ is in https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1033576

*5. 2.4 and 5G on the network map could be configured in the same tab.

*6. Captcha for login can be disabled in administration -> system.

*7. Printer server port can be disabled on the USB app page.

*8. Clients which connect to the guest network can be viewed in the network map -->view list --> interface

*9. Fix Lets encrypt not working properly. 10. Add IPTV supports for specific region.*
41 REPLIES 41

Locoone wrote:
Great to hear its working for you> Did you have to modify any of your 2.4 channel settings?

Spoke to soon. While my sonos is working, other random devices on my 2.4 ghz network randomly have been dropping in and out.

Hi, i bought an AX11000 last week and upgraded to 3.0.0.4.386_41700 before I did anything else.

After that I moved our 20 or so devices to the Asus and then I set up the vpn fusion connecting to a nordvpn server and all was good.
The final step was to remove our existing router and connect the Asus directly to the FTTH 1gbs gpon internet using PPoE and IPTV, which went fine.
A few hours later I noticed the internet connection light was red on the router which was confirmed by checking the Asus app but the internet was actually there the same.
To cut along story short after a lot of looking at the syslog and with help from forum member on SNB i've managed to get everything going. The issue was the NTP server. The router couldn't get the correct time so that messed everything up. I've finally managed to get it going well and its been solid for over 24hrs.

btrach144
Level 7
Has this fixed AIProtection for anyone?

Can anyone who has upgraded provide more feedback on this firmware upgrade? I have two GT-AX11000's in mesh configuration and am holding off on upgrading until I see some evidence that it is stable and not causing significant new issues.

jnestor wrote:
Can anyone who has upgraded provide more feedback on this firmware upgrade? I have two GT-AX11000's in mesh configuration and am holding off on upgrading until I see some evidence that it is stable and not causing significant new issues.

@jnestor
Just like you, I was holding off on the 3.0.0.4.386_41700 update until this morning; so far so good and I haven't noticed any major issues. The only thing I notice so far is the syslog now contains the following message one line per each IoT device I have that is connected to an extender which on a guest network . From what I can see it is just a harmless informational message.

Feb 28 08:41:54 kernel: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx not mesh client, can't update it's ip

Thanks
-Arul

devnulldump wrote:
@jnestor
Just like you, I was holding off on the 3.0.0.4.386_41700 update until this morning; so far so good and I haven't noticed any major issues. The only thing I notice so far is the syslog now contains the following message one line per each IoT device I have that is connected to an extender which on a guest network . From what I can see it is just a harmless informational message.

Feb 28 08:41:54 kernel: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx not mesh client, can't update it's ip

Thanks
-Arul

Thanks @devnulldump! Is your GT-AX11000 standalone or part of a mesh setup?

jnestor wrote:
Thanks @devnulldump! Is your GT-AX11000 standalone or part of a mesh setup?

It is not a mesh setup. I don't have a need for it and I wish can completely turn that stupid thing off as I suspect thats where most of the bugs are. In the last firmware, I remember there was option to enable/disable AIMesh and I had it disabled but with this update, it looks like it turns it on by default (hence the stupid "not mesh" message on syslog) though I don't have any mesh nodes added. Need to see if there is a way to turn that off the via nvram command line.

BTW: While I don't see major problems, I can say it is not as stable as the previous version for sure. So if you did not update, I'd recommend holding. Too many Deauth for stationary, always on devices that don't move and too many "not mesh ... can't update" junk on syslog.

asrouter20@asusrog:/tmp/home/root# cat /tmp/syslog.log| grep "not mesh"|wc -l
asrouter20@asusrog:/tmp/home/root# cat /tmp/syslog.log| grep Deauth| wc -l

devnulldump wrote:
It is not a mesh setup. I don't have a need for it and I wish can completely turn that stupid thing off as I suspect thats where most of the bugs are. In the last firmware, I remember there was option to enable/disable AIMesh and I had it disabled but with this update, it looks like it turns it on by default (hence the stupid "not mesh" message on syslog) though I don't have any mesh nodes added. Need to see if there is a way to turn that off the via nvram command line.

BTW: While I don't see major problems, I can say it is not as stable as the previous version for sure. So if you did not update, I'd recommend holding. Too many Deauth for stationary, always on devices that don't move and too many "not mesh ... can't update" junk on syslog.

asrouter20@asusrog:/tmp/home/root# cat /tmp/syslog.log| grep "not mesh"|wc -l
asrouter20@asusrog:/tmp/home/root# cat /tmp/syslog.log| grep Deauth| wc -l

same thing, and im not 100% sure if its affecting my router the need to keep on doing factory rests every week, its corrupting or doing something to the router like a sort of memory leak thats makes the router slow to response or completely no functioning

btrach144 wrote:
Has this fixed AIProtection for anyone?

I second this question (as do all the other posters....).

I do not see anything in the release notes related to AIProtection counters.

I'll report back after I give it a try.

TheFirf wrote:
I second this question (as do all the other posters....).

I do not see anything in the release notes related to AIProtection counters.

I'll report back after I give it a try.

I thought the new firmware today solved it, I thought I saw a count, but then looked again and all were '0'. Trying to find the test link that should cause the count to go up, but can't find it... will wait longer...

UPDATE: Counters do seem to be working now, could not find link to test it, but apparently I hit a few incidentally.