cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AX11000 ISSUES Loses WIFI After Firmware Update

gadget069
Level 7
This has happened multiple times with some of the frimware updates, I will lose WIFI connectivity. The device will either not reconnect or the device says it is connected without internet. I flashed Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22237 this morning and ran into this issue again.
21 REPLIES 21

Saltgrass
Level 13
More info might be helpful, such as, do you suspect of any particular setting being changed by the firmware update?

How is it not connecting, as to what type of devices are losing the connection and do you have Ai Mesh Nodes?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
More info might be helpful, such as, do you suspect of any particular setting being changed by the firmware update?

How is it not connecting, as to what type of devices are losing the connection and do you have Ai Mesh Nodes?

2.4ghz is connecting but saying no internet is available, 5ghz will not connect at all. I restored to version 3.0.0.4.386.49599 and everything is back to working. As far what may have changed in the update, not sure. Not my job to know really. These firmwares are set to work with this specific router, I shouldnt have to worry about it borking my connections.

spritex23
Level 7
I'm having a similar problem but only with 2.4GHz, it turns off completely and I have to reboot the router to get it running again. No issues with 5GHz and 6GHz

Saltgrass
Level 13
It seems, right now all the AX type routers are being given the .22237 firmware. I run my AX11000 as a mesh node so can't verify the normal operations.

The no internet is available might be a DNS situation so check the properties of the network.

The 5 GHz radio will normally require a WPA2 or possibly WPA 3 security setting.

You always have to be aware of any local interference. The router has logs, but are not easy to understand. And we are sure the Router is the problem and not your computer's wireless? The signal strength is strong?

If you check the Network properties, what link speed are you showing?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Strange affair because this is the most stable official release to date for me,previously had to use beta for a stable FW.
Don't use nodes but I hear there's a known problem.

jzchen
Level 14
I noticed during firmware updates it tries to keep the settings as you’ve set it. *After my ordeal of having hard reset all my ASUS networking equipment, (4 routers and 1 repeater), I found the system stable with the latest releases. *I have 3.0.0.4.388_2xxxx on 3 different routers, AXE16000, AXE11000, and RT-AX86U. *I think from now on after a firmware update if I notice any strange behavior I will not hesitate to hard reset, the one that was updated, and if I still feel something’s off all 5 of them…

If this may be something that you haven’t tried with the most recent update it may be worth a shot.

jzchen wrote:
I noticed during firmware updates it tries to keep the settings as you’ve set it. *After my ordeal of having hard reset all my ASUS networking equipment, (4 routers and 1 repeater), I found the system stable with the latest releases. *I have 3.0.0.4.388_2xxxx on 3 different routers, AXE16000, AXE11000, and RT-AX86U. *I think from now on after a firmware update if I notice any strange behavior I will not hesitate to hard reset, the one that was updated, and if I still feel something’s off all 5 of them…

If this may be something that you haven’t tried with the most recent update it may be worth a shot.

I'd hate to do a hard reset, won't you lose all of your settings? IE Patrental settings, port forwarding,...

jzchen
Level 14
Yes unfortunately you do lose settings. *And I’m sad to say it did not do the trick for the latest firmware for the AXE11000 (node) of mine…

mustangtom
Level 7
I had a recent issue where all radios turned off on my ZenWiFi XT8 router after restoring my settings from a saved cfg file. Rebooting via the WebUI did not correct it, but powering off the router and powering it back on did fix it. Perhaps a power cycle would resolve your issue.