cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AX11000 Firmware Update When?!?!?

Synergeticzero1
Level 7
I know I’m speaking into the void when I ask when will the next firmware update be for the GT-AX11000 Router. Asus is quite well known for their quality hardware, but Software.. and particularly frequent updates eh not so much. I also know that the GT series router being premium routers get sold less for their high cost.. but this $500 “Future-Proof” router needs some love it has issues. Firmware version: 3.0.0.4.384_9566-g7411682 was the last update for it months ago, I’d like to see it get some updates that maybe fix the random disconnects I keeps getting on Wan & Lan for no apparent reason. Well we’re at it in the new year it’d be nice if we could get some new features.
4 REPLIES 4

Seda
Level 8
If you are getting disconnects on LAN I would RMA it; I'm using one of those and never encountered that. Maybe it's actually a faulty unit?

I already RMA’d the unit once before same issue. Either the wifi drops randomly on some devices, or WAN disconnects. I have a stable internet connection and the two issues happen at different times. Last RMA I technically had the newer revision of the router and got in return the older hardware revision. Honestly I don’t think RMAing the router did me any favors except leave me a week without internet and cost me shipping.

To be specific it was disconnecting on wireless lan 2.4 & 5Ghz at random times and reconnecting. Wan would randomly cut out as well but eventually reconnect.*

I live in the country I don’t have neighbours near me to cause interference and signal strength is great inside my house. *But can be using up to 15 wireless devices.*

ahfoo
Level 13
Synergeticzero1 wrote:
I know I’m speaking into the void when I ask when will the next firmware update be for the GT-AX11000 Router. Asus is quite well known for their quality hardware, but Software.. and particularly frequent updates eh not so much. I also know that the GT series router being premium routers get sold less for their high cost.. but this $500 “Future-Proof� router needs some love it has issues. Firmware version: 3.0.0.4.384_9566-g7411682 was the last update for it months ago, I’d like to see it get some updates that maybe fix the random disconnects I keeps getting on Wan & Lan for no apparent reason. Well we’re at it in the new year it’d be nice if we could get some new features.

Honestly speaking I would like Asus firmware team to release firmware often. But come to think, I rather they gather all input info regarding various issue with the AX-11000 router and take time carefully fixed it. Across the globe, there are so many different country user with vast amount of ISP, connection type to handle. I do feel quite a pain with my investment ROI for this router. But I learned to keep clam and wait, while awaiting Asus to address not all but major issue with the router. Year 2021 coming in less than 1 and a half hour for my country. Let us celebrate the new year 2021 with joys. Asus will release the new firmware when deem fit in coming weeks.

To all Asus ROG forum member, Happy New Year 2021. Love all of you.

New Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.386.41700 dropped TODAY! ROG Rapture GT-AX11000
https://rog.asus.com/us/networking/rog-rapture-gt-ax11000-model/helpdesk_bios/