cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AX11000 - Change ISP IP every 24 hours

Foss
Level 7
Hey guys,

There is a game I play and as a safety precaution I wanted to reset my physical IP every 24 hours. I have a GT-AX11000 router and right now I have been manually turning off WAN, and turning WAN back on. Is there an efficient way of doing this automatically? Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9

muzykcb
Level 7
Foss wrote:
Hey guys,

There is a game I play and as a safety precaution I wanted to reset my physical IP every 24 hours. I have a GT-AX11000 router and right now I have been manually turning off WAN, and turning WAN back on. Is there an efficient way of doing this automatically? Thanks!

It exists in the System tab

Foss
Level 7
so every time the router reboots, it pulls a new Physical IP?

Foss wrote:
so every time the router reboots, it pulls a new Physical IP?

Everytime your router connects to your isp you get assigned a random ip from a pool (unless you pay or haver a static ip) there is a small chance you may get the same ip but that doesnt happen too often.

Source: i work for an isp

420Assassin wrote:
Everytime your router connects to your isp you get assigned a random ip from a pool (unless you pay or haver a static ip) there is a small chance you may get the same ip but that doesnt happen too often.

Source: i work for an isp

It was working for some time, now I am stuck with a permanent IP address for some reason; I have Verizon FIOS.

To add, i have tried cloning a MAC, and turning WAN off & ON, which has worked in the past and I am stuck with the same ISP IP. I should not have to cycle the ONT box in my garage but I did as well with WAN disabled, and tried rolling a new IP with a new MAC and still stuck with the same IP.

Foss
Level 7
It makes me think either the ISP has locked my IP... or the router is preventing it.

Foss
Level 7
So i found out there is some sort of maintenance going on with Verizon Fios, which is prevent my IP from renewing. To me i still feel like that is not the case, even if all the steps i took it still presents the same IP.

• Factory reset router settings with ONT box unplugged (ISP Tech claimed they pushed commands to ONT to reboot, and release lease).
  • Restored router and power cloning a new MAC address, disabled WAN.
  • Then restored ONT power, enabled WAN.
  • Established a new MAC address from router to ONT (In theory).
  • Same WAN IP address 😞

Saltgrass
Level 13
Can you play your game using a VPN?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
Can you play your game using a VPN?

thats the only way it seems, proxies or vpn.

To add, I even have an old back up router and it’s giving me the same IP address lol.Â*