cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AC5300 Seing 10% packet loss the second i start download even if i have 20mbits ba

Enzorogggg
Level 7
So when i use origin or steam to download a game. I set the limit on 10 MB/s which is around 80 mbits. i have fiber optic connection with super stable 100 mbits download and upload speed. the packet loss is always at 0% when im not downloading in csgo and in command promt with the ping 8.8.8.8 -n 500 command. But the second i start to download and im 100% sure i have 20 mbits bandwith left over and try to play a game i always see 10 or 12% packet loss ingame.

Why are im experiencing this i have a asus gt-ac5300 so i have like 3 or 2 cores of a total 4 cores on the prossesor almost utilizing 0% and i have like 500mb ram thats not utilized so i believe the router isnt overloaded.

I have contacted the isp. They didnt believe it was a fault at their end (but they could not promise that it wasnt)
1 REPLY 1

ahfoo
Level 13
Enzorogggg wrote:
So when i use origin or steam to download a game. I set the limit on 10 MB/s which is around 80 mbits. i have fiber optic connection with super stable 100 mbits download and upload speed. the packet loss is always at 0% when im not downloading in csgo and in command promt with the ping 8.8.8.8 -n 500 command. But the second i start to download and im 100% sure i have 20 mbits bandwith left over and try to play a game i always see 10 or 12% packet loss ingame.

Why are im experiencing this i have a asus gt-ac5300 so i have like 3 or 2 cores of a total 4 cores on the prossesor almost utilizing 0% and i have like 500mb ram thats not utilized so i believe the router isnt overloaded.

I have contacted the isp. They didnt believe it was a fault at their end (but they could not promise that it wasnt)

Do a trace to the destination game server IP and see which relay are giving your problems. Some ISP do not peer each others and required third party to peer them together causing lag in network between server.