cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GT-AC2900 "event" RGB lighting stops working after a reboot

PSYKOnz
Level 9
Hello again friends, I have a bit of a weird issue,

I currently do an automatic reboot twice a week on my AC-2900. Most of the time the re boot happens absolutely fine, but some times when the reboot happens the "event" lighting mode fails to work. If I go in and manually change to another RGB mode they all work fine, however when I go back to the event mode it fails to work.

As a side note this does happen from time to time when doing a manual reboot (reboot through gui or power button)

The only way I have found to get the event lighting to work again is to manually reboot the router untill it starts, anywhere between 1 - 5 times

Is this normal? Is this the sign of a hack? Is there a better way to get the event lighting working again?

I look forward to your responses on this, have a great day,

cheers
2 REPLIES 2

jzchen
Level 14
Definitely doesn't sound normal. I do not have a GT-AC2900 to test I'm afraid. I do hope an updated firmware is released soon to address this.

PSYKOnz
Level 9
Yea me too, it's really weird, and kind of disconcerting too, I wonder tho if this is the right place to post about it, I mean it's the correct place on the forum but this area of the site dosent seem to get many hits hahaha, definitely waiting with baited breath for a fix or a reason, it could just as easily be something I'm doing wrong