Hopefully, this helps everyone having the same frustrating experience as me. I've had endless issues with my Asus setup for years but as of today, I'm 100% happy!!!
I've fully eliminated the following issues:
- 2.4Ghz issues. Limited connectivity, no connections, unable to connect and extremely low bandwidth.
- Log errors: "not mesh client, can't update it's ip"
- Log errors: already exist in UDB, can't add it
To fix all three issues, here's what I did. I don't know exactly which change fixed each specific issue but as I said above, I'm 100% happy now with no connection errors or random freezes.
- Disable all guest networks.
- Toggle off the "Traffic Analyzer - Statistic" option on the Traffic Analyzer page.
I'll delete my other two posts looking for help and find fining the solution. I help this helps others. I also did send a note to the Asus team.
My setup information:
Ranging between 70-105 devices connected to our network at any given time. 60% wired/40% wireless.
The latest firmware's on all nodes are now being used.
• AT&T Fiber 1G
○ Pace 5268AC
• Routers / AiMesh Nodes
○ GT-AX11000 (Currently running as the primary router)
○ ASUS RT-AX89X AX6000 (Mesh)
○ 4X ZenWiFi AX AX6600 (Mesh)
○ RT-AX58U (Mesh)
○ RT-AC5300 (Mesh)
○ Nokia SS2FII (4G LTE CellSpot)
○ MikroTik 12-Port 10G Switch with Dual Power Supply CRS312-4C+8XG-RM
○ ASUS XG-U2008 Unmanaged 2-Port 10G, 8-Port Gigabit Switch
○ 2X TP-Link 24 Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch TL-SG1024S
○ TP-Link 16 Port Gigabit Ethernet Network Switch TL-SG116
○ TP-Link TL-SG108 | 8 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Network Switch
○ TP-Link TL-SG105 | 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Network Switch
○ TRENDnet 8-Port Unmanaged 2.5G Switch, TEG-S380
○ Asustor 5 Port 2.5G Unmanaged Ethernet Network Switch ASW205T