cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware auto updating, even with it toggled off?

david_mckee1
Level 7
It appears my firmware updated yesterday morning at 2:00amcst on its own. Why would it auto-update even though I have it toggled off? The update process is absolute trash when running large mesh networks so I need to be involved when it happens. Is there an absolute way to avoid updates without me manually triggering them?
2 REPLIES 2

Saltgrass
Level 13
You can check the log as to when the system checks for a firmware update. If you had it toggled on, you could set the time for it to do that. You might try turning it on, setting a different time and then place it back to off.

Having several Mesh nodes may effect its behavior although mine just flashes the bell if a Mesh node needs an update. I suppose there may be a limit how long an update can be available before it overrides your update selection.

I have my system disabled and it has not been doing auto-updates.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

jzchen
Level 14
One thing that I notice. Sometimes I see an available update even though I do have auto updates on. I assume the unit checks for updates periodically and hence notifies you (via a flashing bell) that an update is available. Have you confirmed the firmware version changed? Or is it just a "routine" check for available updates?