cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashlog on GS-AX3000. Can you decipher?

dpwhite
Level 9
Hello all and thanks in advance for any pointers on this...

My relatively new GS-AX3000 with latest stock AsusWRT sometimes crashes. Last night it did it a 5pm pretty much on the dot. I was able to extract the crashlog entries from syslog - ignore the date/time shown as I guess these are written without reference to NTP stuff.

It looks to me that the main thing is a null pointer reference on line 557 where it reads: "May 4 22:05:04 crashlog: <1>Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000043". But I am sure no expert. Most of this is greek to me.

Thankfully, the syslog also contained previous crashlog instances. They also have a null pointer reference saying "May 4 22:05:04 crashlog: <1>Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000043".

So maybe there is something repeatable happening here?

Can anyone suggest what might be up with this?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

jzchen
Level 14
This sounds like a bug in the firmware. *Have you tried reporting to ASUS support?

Well, I kind of thought that given this is an asus.com site, I was reporting it to Asus. I figure they are watching these forums. Maybe not? Thanks

dpwhite wrote:
Well, I kind of thought that given this is an asus.com site, I was reporting it to Asus. I figure they are watching these forums. Maybe not? Thanks

I went ahead and sent notice via the router's admin pages with reference to this thread of discussion. I have NEVER once heard anything back from using this mechanism. So I have little hope it will make any difference. But maybe...

So Asus, if you are monitoring this, please give us a sign!

Thanks

dpwhite
Level 9
This exact same thing continues to happen on my router. I do wish that someone at Asus might actually read this, respond, and fix it!

xeromist
The only section that is actively monitored by ASUS staff is ROG Care and its sub-forums. However I'm not sure if any of those folks could decipher a crash log. The recommended approach is to submit reports through the router admin pages. Keep in mind that bugfixes can take months. So even if you submitted a report it's likely going to take multiple reports to make the bug list and then it will be prioritized based on severity and number of customers impacted. Just the way things work with software development in large organizations.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…