cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connected but no internet (but not all devices GT-AX11000

noviceDave
Level 7
I've been having this issue for weeks now and I can't figure out the culprit.
It sporadically happens over WIFI AND CAT5 CONNECTIONS
My wifi is configured for smart connect so I have the hybrid band, the 2nd 5Ghz and a Guest 2.4 setup. the Issue is not isolated to a specific network but my ROKUs dont seem affected... periodically my phone, table or laptop will connect to the network but give this error. It happens on all wifi networks but not all at the same time. To resolve the issue I have to disconnect from what I am connected to and either can go back to the same network or switch to one of my other networks.
When the error occurs, the overall network is still up and connected as other devices may be working fine (although to be honest I never checked to see if 2 devices have an issue with the same network at the same time). I can say I have my smart tv streaming or my alexa playing music and will not have an issue... (some of my other alexas on the RT-86U node sometimes have an issue (and I dont know why) but I dont think it is related.

On the main router I am running Merlin 386.3_2 but had this issue with a previous firmware version.
Does anyone have any suggestions/solutions?
Its frustrating to have have to play around with networks... especially on a $600 router.
3 REPLIES 3

noviceDave
Level 7
BUMP - Can anyone help?

Indigian
Level 10
noviceDave wrote:
I've been having this issue for weeks now and I can't figure out the culprit.
It sporadically happens over WIFI AND CAT5 CONNECTIONS
My wifi is configured for smart connect so I have the hybrid band, the 2nd 5Ghz and a Guest 2.4 setup. the Issue is not isolated to a specific network but my ROKUs dont seem affected... periodically my phone, table or laptop will connect to the network but give this error. It happens on all wifi networks but not all at the same time. To resolve the issue I have to disconnect from what I am connected to and either can go back to the same network or switch to one of my other networks.
When the error occurs, the overall network is still up and connected as other devices may be working fine (although to be honest I never checked to see if 2 devices have an issue with the same network at the same time). I can say I have my smart tv streaming or my alexa playing music and will not have an issue... (some of my other alexas on the RT-86U node sometimes have an issue (and I dont know why) but I dont think it is related.

On the main router I am running Merlin 386.3_2 but had this issue with a previous firmware version.
Does anyone have any suggestions/solutions?
Its frustrating to have have to play around with networks... especially on a $600 router.

Try beta FW........solved all my problems
https://www.asuswebstorage.com/navigate/a/#/s/4187B178A2164574BE178A44D97422DBY

Lord_Chabelo
Level 7
I had a very similar issue. Tech support told me to disable smart connect and select a specific control channel for each band. Fixed most of my issues.