cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change 5Ghz second channel settings on GT-AX11000

Hastor
Level 8

I just got two GT-AX11000 routers, and am having this issue on both. I did update them to the latest firmware as the first thing before setting them up. If I go to the wireless settings for the 5Ghz-2 channel, when I try to save, I get a console error (I've tried different browsers which all get it but this is from Chrome):

Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:1105
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set properties of null (setting 'value')
at applyRule (Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:1105:48)
at HTMLInputElement.onclick (Advanced_Wireless_Content.asp:3063:95)

Of course I could drill into it for even more info, but it doesn't mean much to me. Applying settings on the 2.4 and the 5Ghz-1 channels are fine. During setup I used a weak password just to check some things out quickly, but was unable to update it for that channel. Only by resetting to factory settings, and doing everything again, was I able to enable Wi-Fi6, or change my password. I'd still like to hide the SSID on them but there doesn't seem to be a workaround for that even with a factory reset.
Is this working for anyone else? If so, what browser/OS are you using? Or if this is a known issue, please let me know as well! Thanks! 

17 REPLIES 17

@jzchen wrote:

Since you noted you tried a hard reset, maybe try the ASUS Router ap?

Wow, that worked, thanks! I had the app installed but hadn't really drilled deep into the menus and just used it to see what devices were online, I didn't know you could get to settings like that from it. I was able to hide the SSID!

All the same, there is a bug in the web UI for the current firmware, preventing you from changing anything about 5ghz-2 from there, so hopefully that is noted and fixed in the next FW!

@Hastor wrote:

@jzchen wrote:

Since you noted you tried a hard reset, maybe try the ASUS Router ap?

Wow, that worked, thanks! I had the app installed but hadn't really drilled deep into the menus and just used it to see what devices were online, I didn't know you could get to settings like that from it. I was able to hide the SSID!

All the same, there is a bug in the web UI for the current firmware, preventing you from changing anything about 5ghz-2 from there, so hopefully that is noted and fixed in the next FW!

in the app.....

settings

wifi

wireless settings

network settings

scroll down

I too couldn't get settings change to stick using pc/firefox wireless/general but the app I can change all

you can also change from the advanced/network map page of pc/firefox settings and they stick so its a bug on the wireless/general page possibly

Yep, that's what I did exactly, it was pretty easy to see where I needed to go, I just hadn't thought about using the app for that, I mostly work from desktop, and do want to continue to do so. So I'm looking forward to this being fixed so I don't have to rely on a phone app to change it. I much prefer the easier to see/use (for me) web version. At least there is a workaround for now, but no solution to the problem until the web interface is fixed.

mkr14
Level 7

If you are willing to use ASUS 3rd party open source firmware this has been fixed in the 388.2 Beta 2 Merlin release. It is using the latest ASUS firmware as a base.  https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/ 

Hastor
Level 8

I'm happy with my setup right now, everything is working. I just moved and have 5 million things to do taking care of a house and unpacking. I'll just wait for them to fix it in a firmware update,and use the app as a workaround as needed. I shouldn't need to change it any futher for a while.

luisnadal
Level 8

How can take so much time to resolve the issue with the 5ghz-2. We dont have firmware update for 2 mouth with this bug, and if make a downgrade we have more fail massage, in my case drop internet conection. I hope someome of asus say something with this, cuz cant be posible we have late support with problems.

dhunter
Level 7

Totally agree with @luisnadal, I have the EXACT same issue with my GT-AX11000 router, cannot edit anything under the Advanced Settings > Wireless > 5 GHz-2 settings.  When I change something and then save, the browser just hangs and will NOT update.  Both of the other bands save just fine with no errors.  This just started after the 3.0.0.4.388_22525 firmware upgrade.  ASUS, PLEASE FIX!

Been dealing with the same problem since last night trying everything from a factory reset to tweaking all sorts of things. Glad I found this to find I'm not the only one. Rolling back to 3.0.0.4.388.22237 made my 5 GHz-2 editable in the web GUI again.  The app worked all along but it doesn't have access to more detailed settings like picking the channel, etc so I needed the web GUI to work.