cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AXE16000 - NFS Shares

Mystik1
Level 7
I am hoping someone here might be able to help. Very frustrated over this issue. I bought the AXE11000 router about a month ago, had this issue so much that I decided to upgrade to the AXE16000 (which was better for me in other ways too), but still having the issue.

I have a NAS connected to my router. The NAS is a Synology DS-2422+. I have some NFS shares that I play content from using Kodi via a TV or Nvidia Shield. I can stream content online without issue. But, when I play content from the NAS share, it keeps "disconnecting". I'm not sure if disconnecting is the right word. It has an error playing, and then it won't connect to the network share for a couple minutes. That made me think at first that the router was rebooting or something, but I can still access the Internet during this time. So, the router is still "working" otherwise during this time. There is nothing wrong with the actual files I am trying to play. I have looked through the NAS logs, and don't see any errors. Of course, I don't see any errors in the router either, though I think I might not be seeing all the log or looking at it the right way maybe.

Any ideas on what's happening here? Thanks much in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

jzchen
Level 14
I took a look at that Synology server and there seems at least two ways to connect it, USB, 1 Gb Ethernet, link aggregated Ethernet, or even PCIe extension to 10 GbE. Â*Maybe someone knows which method works best/maybe you would care share how you’ve connected it?

jzchen wrote:
I took a look at that Synology server and there seems at least two ways to connect it, USB, 1 Gb Ethernet, link aggregated Ethernet, or even PCIe extension to 10 GbE. Â*Maybe someone knows which method works best/maybe you would care share how you’ve connected it?

I am connected via Ethernet to the 10GbE. I have the addon card, and it is connected to one of the 10GbE ports on the router.

Saltgrass
Level 13
I have a ReadyNAS but about all I stream is music. It is supposed to have an iTunes server so I thought I could also stream movies, but that does not appear to be the case.

I saw a thread yesterday where it was suggested to check the TLS 1.1 or whatever security protocols in case you may need to update or verify your system can use the new ones. I will go see if I can find anything, but something to consider for now.

Sorry I don't know much about it but I will look at your device and see if I notice anything.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200