cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AXE11000 and Nest Camera Issues

mploc
Level 7
I have an issue where all (8) my nest cameras constantly disconnect and reconnect all day long. The logs say it is for an unspecified reason.
30 REPLIES 30

Saltgrass
Level 13
Nest Cameras are security cameras?

Is this recent and it worked with another router before?

Which radio are you using for those cameras, 2.4 GHz? Do the cameras show the speed they are sending data?

Do they connect separately, no central station for that grouping?

Phone App involved?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

JeffLo
Level 10
mploc wrote:
I have an issue where all (8) my nest cameras constantly disconnect and reconnect all day long. The logs say it is for an unspecified reason.

are this only on the cameras? or all the wifi devices?

I am only noticing this on the Cameras. My bands are split and some cameras are on 5ghz and some on 2.4ghz depending on the distance. The issue started after the new firmware update from asus.

JeffLo
Level 10
ok yes same here i do notice asus firmware fixing somethings and breaking up others, i dont have wifi camera but yeah its easyier to notice then just gadgets or the phone, but im getting drop outs with the phones and gadgets

I think I found the issue. Don't enable "wifi agile multiband" on any radio your nest cameras might use. I disabled it and seems my cameras are staying connected. I'll monitor overnight. BTW unless you are using the router in a mesh network, I don't think there is any benefit of using the feature anyway.

No it does not fix the issue.

Saltgrass
Level 13
Over the last week or two I have come across all sorts of settings that might have some influence on what you are seeing.

Can you concentrate on just one of those cameras and let us know what it is doing and how often it does it. Do you have smart connect enabled?

There are settings which determine what the minimum signal strength for a device to stay connect, there are power management frames options that may keep a device from connecting.

I had a device that was trying to connect every 11 seconds but it did not have the updated password.. It seems yours connect for some time then disconnect so is there any time that repeats with that process?

Have you tried moving one of the cameras to a position where you knew the signal strength was sufficient and see if it would stabilize?

Do the cameras come with their own software or do they just use Win 10? The specs say they are WEP, WPA/WPA2 security.

Do they communicate through some device like Alexa?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

I have stopped using my router, it is just not stable enough for me at the moment.

does anyone have anymore insight on this?

im having this issue with my nest indoor cam. the 2 outdoor cams work mint, but the indoor cam disconnects daily.

smart connect turned off, binded to my ax11000 on 5ghz-1 channel