cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ZenWifi AXE11000 Xbox Series X Double NAT problem

CapedCrusader11
Level 7

Hi there,

I am currently having an issue trying to get an open NAT on my Xbox. It gives me the NAT type: Moderate and Double NAT detected.

My setup for the ET12 is the default option: Wireless router mode / AiMesh Router mode (Default). My node on the first floor acts as a router and my node on the second floor connects to the first node by a dedicated 6Ghz backhaul. My node on the second floor has a LAN cable going out from its 2.5Gbps LAN port into an a 2.5Gbps Ethernet switch, which is what my Xbox Series X plugs into for wired connectivity. 

Any idea how to fix this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jzchen
Level 14

Moderate NAT might be fixed by enabling UPnP on the ASUS router settings.  Regarding the double NAT is the FIOS modem also a router, and functioning as a router?  Try changing it to Bridge mode (if it is) and if Bridge is not available IP Passthrough.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

jzchen
Level 14

Moderate NAT might be fixed by enabling UPnP on the ASUS router settings.  Regarding the double NAT is the FIOS modem also a router, and functioning as a router?  Try changing it to Bridge mode (if it is) and if Bridge is not available IP Passthrough.