cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone using GT-AX11000 without issues?

JeffLo
Level 10
hello just wanted to ask if anyone used the ax11000 without any issue for more then 6months here?
are you turning on the ai protection features?

i have use 2 ax11000 already they have the same problem, after a few months like 2-3 months i need to keep factory reset for it to go back to normal
its like a memory leak problem
22 REPLIES 22

ahfoo
Level 13
JeffLo wrote:
hello just wanted to ask if anyone used the ax11000 without any issue for more then 6months here?

i have use 2 ax11000 already they have the same problem, after a few months like 2-3 months i need to keep factory reset for it to go back to normal

Hi, being running for more a year plus. In the biginning there are some little problems with setting and now being running smoothly without any reboot. You can see from my img, and the router not being reboot for a while.

I've been using mine since March 2021 with no issues.
Only on an 11 day run currently, as I vary between stock firmware and Merlins, and just like to reboot every now and again.

Edit: AI protection is turned on.

andy_3_913 wrote:
I've been using mine since March 2021 with no issues.
Only on an 11 day run currently, as I vary between stock firmware and Merlins, and just like to reboot every now and again.

Edit: AI protection is turned on.

I have read that you can quite easily switch from stock firmware to Merlin and back again.
Is this the case?
My router is still under warranty - Thankfully its a 3 year warranty. I dont want to not be able to fully revert back to stock before I do a return to the retailer.
But I am hopeful that Merlin will solve the issue.

Thanks,

Andrew_2468 wrote:
I have read that you can quite easily switch from stock firmware to Merlin and back again.
Is this the case?
My router is still under warranty - Thankfully its a 3 year warranty. I dont want to not be able to fully revert back to stock before I do a return to the retailer.
But I am hopeful that Merlin will solve the issue.

Thanks,

As easy flashing one as the other 🙂

Andrew_2468
Level 8
JeffLo wrote:

I am on my 3rd router, and I have issues with the 2.4Ghz WiFi. Sometimes it works, other times not. More often than not unfortunately.
Already have a post here about my issue.
I do have the AI protection enabled. Will turn it off and see if that has any affect.
But I would surprised if it does.

Nope, Turned off AI Protection, re-enabled my 2.4Ghz radio, and unplugged my TpLink router that it currently handling my 2.4Ghz.
Also did a power cycle of the Ax11000 and I cannot even see the 2.4Ghz WiFi on my cell or laptop?

I even did a factory reset and still no 2.4Ghz, So tired of this router.

I am really considering trying Merlin to see if it does any better.

Saltgrass
Level 13
I used the AX11000 for a couple of years with no problems but currently on the AXE11000. No Ai Protection on either device.

If you can't see a radio you need to check the WPA version you are running. My 2.4 GHz radio is using WPA2-Personal but the 5.0 and 6.0 GHz need, Win 11, the WPA3-Personal version.

Also, on the 2.4 radio Protected Management frames are disabled.

I pretty much use the default settings and no Ai Mesh devices.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

I have been using the settings as they were default and they worked for a bit, but I still had devices dropping out and then reconnecting. Now nothing on 2.4 ?
WPA2 Personal has been always selected.
Also checking the WiFi settings and comparing them from the ISP TpLink and the AX11000 they are the same -- well the limited settings that the TpLink shows.

Run out of ideas really.

Saltgrass
Level 13
@Andrew_2468 Have you checked the Wi-Fi Radar and Wi-Fi site survey?

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200