cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know if the next BE98 Pro firmware upgrade is going to enable support for WiFi 7 MLO?

Saltgrass
Level 13

The Windows Insider forum has just released a new build which includes support for WiFi 7.  In order to see those options, a compatible system is necessary, so a new firmware is required to make the BE98 Pro compatible.  It would be helpful, if even a Beta version could be made available.

Thanks for reading.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200
152 REPLIES 152

I don't think you caused a problem and I very much appreciate the offer.  It is more likely the original file was not correct.

The fact the AES encryption was different, might be a clue.  We see that with the folks using the BE98.

The fact I was stuck on 5 GHz backhaul was another sign.  My normal system never had a problem using 6 GHz backhaul because of the two 6 GHz radios.

Maybe we can get an official Beta in the near future.  I am currently using a second BE98 Pro for a Mesh node, since earlier Mesh node routers will likely not be MLO qualified. 

It did help the 10 GB WAN port situation.

Thanks again. 

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

So I learned WiFi 7 requires AES+GCMP256.  That’s what was explained to me.  So toggling MLO didn’t change anything.  It’s the WiFi 7 toggle switch that needs to be disabled.

I suppose all we can do is wait.  WiFi 7 is already here except the MLO part, which probably won't be released to the public until around October.  

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Sadly other companies have MLO already, including WiFi 7 Certified.  My son has a midterm tomorrow so I’m not going to risk giving him internet trouble tonight (while I’m at school from 6-10).  Since I moved the BE98 Pro upstairs as an Access Point with AiMesh, it may work out better as WiFi clients gravitate towards it eventually.  I may add another manufacturer router also as an Access Point to see if it works better…

That's a bummer to read.  I see my son's 6E MacBook connect to Ethernet AND WiFi quite a lot if I tinker with the settings just right.  I think disabling PSC on 6 GHz works better now, at least for that.  I have a WiFi 7 phone and haven't been impressed with the performance, but not sure where the fault lies, router, phone, implementation....

Hi, could you share this with me please?
In EU we only have BE98BE98 Pro is not being sold here.

@Skindred As far as I know, there is only Beta firmware for the BE98 Pro available.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

labo
Level 9

Hello, Could you please PM me the beta firmware link for the BE98 PRO or post it here?

I have so many issues with the current firmware, would like to try the latest beta. Really don't want to return the $800 router 😞

Thanks in advance,

I tried for week and encountered  AIMesh  disconnect issues, so reverted back to prod version. Please let us know  when a newer beta available. Thanks