cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know if the next BE98 Pro firmware upgrade is going to enable support for WiFi 7 MLO?

Saltgrass
Level 13

The Windows Insider forum has just released a new build which includes support for WiFi 7.  In order to see those options, a compatible system is necessary, so a new firmware is required to make the BE98 Pro compatible.  It would be helpful, if even a Beta version could be made available.

Thanks for reading.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200
54 REPLIES 54

jzchen
Level 14

IMG_1928.png

I sent you a beta version.  My instructions were to share with those who wanted to try it, in the thread I referenced to one of the moderators here…

plz send it also to me 🙂

The link was posted on this thread but I sent to you personally please use due caution as it is definitely rough around the edges so to speak.

I got my first (and only) WiFi 7 client in the household, a OnePlus Open cell phone, so I may be tinkering with it again…

thank you!
just install the FW
i am looking for MLO option on the app and web and didn't find it yet. 
do you know whare i can find it?

@DorR I have not seen any instructions on how to set it up, but check the top right of the Wireless page.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Under Advanced Settings - > Wireless -> MLO (upper right tab as @Saltgrass mentions).

I am starting to think the Unknown 6G-2.guest  network is part of the process.  Possibly, it is being used to supplement the 6G-1 MLO network with the 6G-2 to get higher speeds.  I have found a way to secure it in the Guest Networks Pro section and will keep it available for now.

As a side note, I saw an ASUS PCIe Wi-Fi 7 network card.  What caught my eye was the restriction it needed an Intel motherboard with a 13th Gen or higher processor.  I will be testing it in the next few days.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

The two of the 6ghz are not the same.

I saw it on the fcc test of the be98 pro. 

The use a different frequency, the higher frequency of them can do faster speed but for even shorter range.

And btw, i guess the reason that the PRO model can be find only in the US is that higher frequency that the CE not allowed to use in europe

I ordered my unit from the US and luckily no one noticed that it does not have a CE standard mark and that it only has an FCC standard mark which is not valid in Israel

@DorR wrote:.

And btw, i guess the reason that the PRO model can be find only in the US is that higher frequency that the CE not allowed to use in europe

Correct

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090