cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AiMesh with 3x GT-AX11000 routers drops Ethernet connections from main router - help!

kfscoll
Level 7
I’m setting up an AIMesh network with three GT-AX11000 routers (one as the main router, the other two as nodes) and it’s working great except for one huge problem…the Ethernet connections to the main router keep dropping.

I was running one-generation-old firmware on all my GT-AX11000s with the hope that this would fix the issue but it hasn’t; I've since updated my firmware to the latest release. It doesn’t seem to matter whether the mesh nodes are powered on or not - the wired connections from the main router still drop. These drops can happen immediately after restarting my router or can take several hours to occur but either way once the wired connections start dropping they continue to drop frequently...if I am even able to reconnect. Most of the time I can’t even reconnect to the Drobos after the connections drop and I have to unplug the main router and reboot the entire network to (briefly) re-establish connectivity. Also, once one Drobo gets dropped, the other also always drops within a very short period of time.

I was using an RT-AX88U as my main router previously and it was exceptionally stable…I never encountered these dropouts before.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I’ve tried every possible combination of firmware updates, device power-on sequences, restarts, reboots, etc. and nothing seems to work. I currently have the Drobos connected to node to see if that works, but even if it does, it's a less-than-ideal workaround.

Thanks in advance!
8 REPLIES 8

wilsondenq
Level 10
kfscoll wrote:
I’m setting up an AIMesh network with three GT-AX11000 routers (one as the main router, the other two as nodes) and it’s working great except for one huge problem…the Ethernet connections to the main router keep dropping.

I was running one-generation-old firmware on all my GT-AX11000s with the hope that this would fix the issue but it hasn’t; I've since updated my firmware to the latest release. It doesn’t seem to matter whether the mesh nodes are powered on or not - the wired connections from the main router still drop. These drops can happen immediately after restarting my router or can take several hours to occur but either way once the wired connections start dropping they continue to drop frequently...if I am even able to reconnect. Most of the time I can’t even reconnect to the Drobos after the connections drop and I have to unplug the main router and reboot the entire network to (briefly) re-establish connectivity. Also, once one Drobo gets dropped, the other also always drops within a very short period of time.

I was using an RT-AX88U as my main router previously and it was exceptionally stable…I never encountered these dropouts before.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I’ve tried every possible combination of firmware updates, device power-on sequences, restarts, reboots, etc. and nothing seems to work. I currently have the Drobos connected to node to see if that works, but even if it does, it's a less-than-ideal workaround.

Thanks in advance!

Hi

please refer to this sop to share us your logs https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xE_RvDAN1NWiLggW-jhoGhP--CwLGtXN/view?usp=sharing

and please private message to me with your email address.

we can query your log from our feedback system.

thanks.

wilsondenq wrote:
Hi

please refer to this sop to share us your logs https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xE_RvDAN1NWiLggW-jhoGhP--CwLGtXN/view?usp=sharing

and please private message to me with your email address.

we can query your log from our feedback system.

thanks.

Thanks - PM sent.

Lekkerlanglikke
Level 7
Here exact the same problem. Hope they have solved it in the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.384_9566) no release notes yet :((((

Lekkerlanglikken wrote:
Here exact the same problem. Hope they have solved it in the latest firmware 3.0.0.4.384_9566) no release notes yet :((((

It happened to me again too. I provided feedback right after it happened this time so hopefully they can chase it down. Are you using Drobos or another type of NAS? I've ordered a Synology DS1019+ hoping that it won't suffer from the same problems. I've been meaning to get off of the Drobo platform for a while so if the Synology fixes the issue I'll be happy.

Also, I didn't realize that there's a new firmware out so I guess I can try that.

noviceDave
Level 7
I'm using Merlin (386.3_2) and similar issue on my PC... my NAS seems to be OK. I am running a mesh setup with my RT86U.
For my laptop my network connection will read Connected by no Ethernet.
As far as wifi goes, sometimes i get the Connected but no internet there as well but also on my phones (but never on my Rokus)... my alexas sometimes lose connection too.
I will say I HATE the ROG Firmware. I cant update my VPN settings like i need to and plus I find that interface horrible. I wish they would go back to the old layout but that is for another day.

noviceDave wrote:
I'm using Merlin (386.3_2) and similar issue on my PC... my NAS seems to be OK. I am running a mesh setup with my RT86U.
For my laptop my network connection will read Connected by no Ethernet.
As far as wifi goes, sometimes i get the Connected but no internet there as well but also on my phones (but never on my Rokus)... my alexas sometimes lose connection too.
I will say I HATE the ROG Firmware. I cant update my VPN settings like i need to and plus I find that interface horrible. I wish they would go back to the old layout but that is for another day.

Although Merlin is an improvement the FW it is based on is borked apparently.
I had major disconnection issues until I was pointed to a beta FW,not 1 disco since.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125451-GT-AX11000-crashing-not-sure-whats-happening#post84...

There has been a new FW released which I'm trying now........................
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125962-ROG-Rapture-GT-AX11000-Version-3-0-0-4-386-45898(-2...

Indigian wrote:
Although Merlin is an improvement the FW it is based on is borked apparently.
I had major disconnection issues until I was pointed to a beta FW,not 1 disco since.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125451-GT-AX11000-crashing-not-sure-whats-happening#post84...

There has been a new FW released which I'm trying now........................
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125962-ROG-Rapture-GT-AX11000-Version-3-0-0-4-386-45898(-2...

Nope,latest FW isn't any good for me,constant crashing.
Back to the beta............

ahfoo
Level 13
1. Main router LAN port 1 connect to your AI mesh via node 1 wired WAN port.
2. AI mesh 1 LAN port 1 connect to AI mesh 2 via wired WAN port.

See if that solve your problems.