I have a 2 node AiMesh network setup using an ethernet backhaul:

Asus GT-AC5300 ==== Unraid NAS (6.9.3)
|
TP - Link SG1024DE Switch
|
------------------------->Blue Cave Node 1
|
------------------------->Blue Cave Node 2

I am recently trying to experiment using LAG on the main router with my NAS (Unraid 6.9.3 setup), I setup the LAG (port 5/6 on this particular router), set the protocol to 802.3ad on the server and everyting works fine. I get the links acive on the network, I can see the BW increase, I can access my NAS anywhere except in one situation.

If I am connect via wireless client through either AiMesh node (both Blue Cave) then I cannot complete a route to the NAS unless I remove one of the links in the aggregate and fall back to a single link, then it works. If I am linked via the main router wireless then I can route to the NAS, only through the wireless on the AiMesh nodes does it fail to complete the route and not connect.

Has anyone had this issue? Is there a resolution? Could this be a switch issue? It is not critical, but it would be nice to fix it.

Regards,
JA
1 REPLY 1

ahfoo
Level 13
Unless your own a managed switch with LAG, you will not able to do so. Not quite understand why you need to connect your NAS to the wireless mesh node. Normal practice will be cut short the NAS route to maximize it speed and reliabilities. From my understanding, TP - Link SG1024DE is smart switch may not have have LAG too. So it wise to let the GT-AC5300 to perform the LAG. Please correct if I am wrong.