cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Mesh and managed switch

Galaadking
Level 8
Hi there.

I'm here looking for guidance since I bought the qnap switch with 8 2.5gb ports and 2 combo units of 10 gb. Therefore I proceed to disconnect all my nodes of ai mesh and start connecting everything in the new switch but as soon as I make configuration on the brain of the system (ax11000) the other nodes dissappear (4 XT8). I can only see the last node which is an AX89X. I try to factory reset one the XT8 but even with wired backhaul it keeps flashing blue (router is losing connection to the main node).

I tried it 3 times and same thing keeps happening so I give up and connect my old switch (unmamaged) and everything goes back to normal.

Any ideas of what can it be? I tried to call asus support and they don't have a clue of what I'm talking about
2 REPLIES 2

wilsondenq
Level 10
Galaadking wrote:
Hi there.

I'm here looking for guidance since I bought the qnap switch with 8 2.5gb ports and 2 combo units of 10 gb. Therefore I proceed to disconnect all my nodes of ai mesh and start connecting everything in the new switch but as soon as I make configuration on the brain of the system (ax11000) the other nodes dissappear (4 XT8). I can only see the last node which is an AX89X. I try to factory reset one the XT8 but even with wired backhaul it keeps flashing blue (router is losing connection to the main node).

I tried it 3 times and same thing keeps happening so I give up and connect my old switch (unmamaged) and everything goes back to normal.

Any ideas of what can it be? I tried to call asus support and they don't have a clue of what I'm talking about

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044151/

It doesn't work.

I'm surprised no one from asus support has replied.