cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 7 Always on Display So Dark!

RogFans7
Level 7

The always on display is hard to see most Times. Is there a way to manually control the brightness or changing from dark to bright? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bobby_ROG
Community Agent

@RogFans7 

Hi, the brightness level does not change instantaneously due to battery saving concern. Moreover, the detection timing for brightness changes is

a. right after phone suspend

b. AOD refresh time (1 minute) is due

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

玩樂
Level 8

When using the phone in the sun, turn on the automatic brightness update!

Otherwise it will be dim and not clear

I've turn on the automatic brightness but still same AOD so dark indoor and outdoor

Bobby_ROG
Community Agent

@RogFans7 

Hi, the brightness level does not change instantaneously due to battery saving concern. Moreover, the detection timing for brightness changes is

a. right after phone suspend

b. AOD refresh time (1 minute) is due

@Bobby_ROG

Hi, i hope rog can fix this issue, i have tried many ways but AOD still so dark and sometimes AOD Can be very Bright

I hope rog Can fix it and we Can control Brightness level AOD 

richendakh
Level 7

I asls confirm this is very annoying, I expect to see a bright display of the AOD information, whatever the surrounding light, since I have set the Alwas-On Display for 10 s only.

I did disable the Adaptive brightness in the Display settings, but the brightness of the AOD obviously depends on the surrounding light, thus it does not take into account my setting.
I mean the AOD brigthness sometimes becomes high when there is a high surrounding light (sun, lamp), on the contrary it stays very low  when the smartphone is not directly exposed to high surrounging light. Even though the Adaptive brigthness has been set to OFF in the Display settings.

So for me, it is almost impossible to check the small battery information of the AOD in the dark (evening, night), as the display is hardly readeable due to the very low brightness of the AOD.

I also hope ROG can fix this issue asap, thanks.