cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rog strix scope update Error Code 4181

kaige2s17fa
Level 7

##rog strix scope n

The current firmware version number of my keyboard is 2.00.01, Armory Crate prompts that the firmware update version is 2.00.05.

(The version of Armory Crate is the latest.)

After updating, all the lighting is gone, but the keyboard works. And I can't find my keyboard in Armoury Crate. Then I unplug the keyboard and plug it back in, light is on. Open Armory Crate, it tells me fail to update and prompt the error code 4181.屏幕截图 2023-11-11 222213.png

I uninstalled and reinstalled Armoury Crate, and changed to another computer, but it didn't work. Has anyone had a similar problem?

(sorry for my bad english) 

3 REPLIES 3

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @kaige2s17fa ,

I have sent you messege via private messege.

Please kindly check the PM box at the top right corner.

Thank you.

Hi,

I actually have the same issue with this firmware update attempt. In addition, my keyboard is very unpredicatable. Start button no longer works, sometimes it would type multiple letters like stickey keys. I should have followed the saying if aint broke dont fix it. please advice

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @futch ,

based on your issue, may I ask whether you could provide the keyboard product model?

Have you make sure that Armoury Crate is at the latest version?
Did the issue occur after you update the latest firmware?
Have you try to "uninstall" Armoury Crate and reinstall to confirm whether the issue occur?
You mention the keyboard will type multiple letters, which key will stuck?
Whether the stuck key issue occur on the specific key?
Could you provide the video demonstrate the issue?
Please kindly provide the Armoury Crate version and a screenshot of the Armoury Crate Update Center.
Could you also help record and provide the relevant logs for us to investigate further?
For log operation steps, please refer to Q5: What is App Diagnostics? (New Feature)
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043747/#a14
After recording the log, please upload it to the cloud, approve access, and PM me the link.
Thank you.