cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spatha X not charging across 3 systems

Valco
Level 7

I'll preface this by saying I already reached out to Asus support for this, and I was unable to make any headway with them, so I'm turning to the community to see if anyone else has encountered this. 

I recently purchased a ROG Spatha X from Amazon and out of the box it was almost perfect. It's the perfect size for my hand, which was the whole reason I chose it over competitors. However, I noticed an issue about 2 days in. I had been leaving it on the charging dock every night to charge, but when the mouse died on the end of day 2, I noticed something was weird. It wouldn't charge on the magnetic dock, and while it powers on while connected via a cable directly, it doesn't gain any charge either. 

My first thought here was "oh it's just a dud, I'll replace it with amazon". Well I did that, and the new one is having the exact same issue. It was at this point that I reached out to Asus support. The woman I spoke with was very nice and kind, but not particularly helpful, we hadn't made any headway on the issue within about an hour. Both mice are now perpetually stuck at 0% battery, although both work as expected while wired. 

I've tried completely uninstalling Armory Crate and reinstalling it, I've manually uninstalled the mouse drivers and reinstalled them, and I've ensured the mouse, the dock, and Armory Crate are all on the latest version. I then thought maybe it was a hardware issue with my system, like my USB ports weren't delivering enough power, so I tried on a different tower, and the same thing happened. Have I done something wrong here, or misunderstood something?

My system specs for context: 
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor 3.50 GHz
Graphics Processor Nvidia RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB 
Installed RAM 64.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
OS build 22621.1555
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22640.1000.0

9 REPLIES 9

Nate152

Hello Valco,

Double check the usb-c cable is fully inserted at the end to the dock, it can be a little finicky to get fully seated, connect the other end to a usb port on your pc.

Place your ROG Spatha X on the dock, the magnets will pull it tight. Make sure it's seated on the contacts as it can wiggle a little, the base of the dock and Spatha X should start pulsing.

After it charges for a while, take it off the dock, on the bottom of the mouse, turn the power switch to on, you'll see the arrow on the switch for which way to slide it.

After this, is your ROG Spatha X charging and is it working without the cable?

Hello, sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner, I honestly wasn't expecting a serious response. I've tried the steps you suggested, and I was able to have the mouse's LEDs pulse as described, but after 12 hours charging with the LEDs pulsing, I pulled it off the charger to the battery being completely dead the moment it was removed from the charger on both mice. 

[reposting because I improperly posted my reply as a comment instead of a reply]

Hello, sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner, I honestly wasn't expecting a serious response. I've tried the steps you suggested, and I was able to have the mouse's LEDs pulse as described, but after 12 hours charging with the LEDs pulsing, I pulled it off the charger to the battery being completely dead the moment it was removed from the charger on both mice. 

Nate152

The pulsing means your ROG Spatha X is charging, this is good.

Check on the bottom of your ROG Spatha X the switch is set to wireless mode.

In the picture, you'd slide the switch down. The little green mark at the end of the switch is showing that it's in wireless mode.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Valco 

May I ask if you have referred to Nate152's suggestion for further testing and troubleshooting?
If the problem persists, please try using the Armoury Crate uninstall tool to uninstall it and reinstall via the ROG Spatha X support page, finish the update again, and reboot.
Then go to Armory Crate > Settings > Update Center to confirm whether all items on this page have been updated to the latest version.
After completion, please once again confirm whether the problem can be eliminated.

Please cross-test connecting to another PC or laptop if possible.

Thank you.

ultri13
Level 7

Hello,

I have the same problem as @Valco., i've bought my first Spatha X from Amazon last week and all what happen to him apllied to me.

Now i've received my new Spatha X still from Amazon today and it have the same issue, it's not charging, both from dock or with cable. I've followed all the advices of @Nate152 and @Jiaszzz_ROG but nothing change, it's still not charging.

Can i get some help please ?

mihaylov_mo
Level 7

Hi 

I have the same problem.  I bought the mouse from Amazon, and it will not charge. The only way I can get it to pulse is to switch it off and then put it on the dock, but I don't think it is charging as it has been there for about 10min and then it will stop pulsing, and the lights will stay one, but when I switched on again it's still at 16%.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on as I really like this mouse.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @ultri13  and @mihaylov_mo 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delayed response, as there have been consecutive holidays at our location in recent days.
May I ask if you are experiencing a situation where the ROG Spatha X does not charge, whether it is connected to the Type-C interface on top or using the charging dock?
If all the items, including the firmware, have been updated to the latest versions and you have performed cross-testing with different PC ports, but the ROG Spatha X still experiences charging issues, could you please assist in recording and providing the relevant logs?
For log operation steps, please refer to "Q5: What is App Diagnostics? (New Feature)".
Please record the log while simultaneously capturing a video of the operation.
Afterward, please upload both the log and video to the cloud storage, grant access permissions to the files, and send me via PM.
Please also assist in confirming the brand and model of the device that failed to charge when connected to the ROG Spatha X.

Thank you.

ultri13
Level 7

Hello @Jiaszzz_ROG 

I'm sorry but i did a refund and bougth a third one. That was my last attempt and this one don't have this issue.

I really like this mouse but I’m disappointed to know that such a expensive mouse has such a common problem. I really hope that efforts will be made for the next models because at the moment I have no intention of taking any more.