cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Azoth knob no longer works after 3.2.1.2 firmware update

spacepyro
Level 7

Hello,

I just recently purchased the ROG Azoth keyboard, and initially the knob and OLED screen were working perfectly. Once I plugged in the keyboard and updated the firmware to 3.2.1.2 (which was released on March 28th, 2023), the knob no longer works for certain functions. Particularly, lighting effects, OLED brightness, and lighting brightness no longer work. I've tried pressing, pushing up and down, and nothing changes. Multimedia and volume adjustment work, however. It seems to be limited to any changes I want to make on the keyboard itself.

I've also tried resetting the keyboard via Fn+Esc, and that doesn't seem to do anything different.

I'm using Windows 11 64-bit on the latest version. My Armoury Crate is also updated to the latest (5.4.10.0). Let me know if a log file or any other information is helpful.

12 REPLIES 12

spacepyro
Level 7

Update: Looks like the OLED and lighting controls don't work if you're using a custom Aura effect. If I switch to using something like Color Cycle, everything works. This seems like a bug however; I'd imagine any kind of lighting effect shouldn't prohibit you from changing the OLED screen brightness.

I have the same Problems. Even changing the Light Colours the knob dont work.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @spacepyro 

May I ask if you have encountered this problem after the recent update to Armoury Crate?
If so, please provide the Armoury Crate version and a screenshot of the Armoury Crate Update Center, along with the following information:
- the brand and model name of the motherboard, CPU, DRAM, GPU, and PSU currently installed
- the OS version and OS build
- the circumstances and frequency of problem
- contains a video that completely captures the problem's incidence and the surrounding environment

Thank you.

Hello, @Cruz75 .

May I ask if you have encountered a similar problem with RGB customization while using ROG Azoth?
Could you share more details about the problem and the requested information mentioned above?
If possible, please provide a detailed video documenting the issue, which will help us better understand the situation.

Thank you.

Hi! I'm also experiencing the same issue. Seems like whenever I use Aura Sync, OLED/Keyboard Brightness as well as Switch Effect Lighting doesn't work on the control knob. All other functions are fine. Unsyncing makes them function again, but Resyncing brings the problem back. I've also tried using FN+Esc to reset but it doesn't fix the issue. This happens basically whenever I use the keyboard. 

Here's some information if it helps:
Armoury Crate:

bonbon204_4-1685152685414.png
Edition Windows 10 Home 
Version 22H2
OS build 19045.2965
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0
Motherboard: 

bonbon204_2-1685151885152.png

CPU:
bonbon204_3-1685152025389.png

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
12 GB RAM
300 W uATX aPFC internal power supply

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @bonbon204 

Thank you for sharing the relevant configuration.
May I ask if you are also experiencing the control knob not being able to control the OLED, keyboard brightness, and switch effect lighting after updating the ROG Azoth firmware to version 3.2.1.2?
Could you also refer to "Q5: What is App Diagnostics? (New Feature)" and help record the problem logs?
Please enable the Armoury Crate log in AC Settings > About > App diagnostics – Record log, after replicate the problem, click “Generate log data“ in Armoury Crate Settings > About > App diagnostics to collect the log.
After recording the log, please upload it to the cloud, grant access permission, and share the link along with a video documenting the steps taken and the problem with me via PM.

Thank you.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @bonbon204 

After confirmation with the relevant department, it has been determined that due to Aura Sync controlling all device lighting effects and brightness through software, adjusting them via the knob will not have any effect.

Thank you.

Hi, this Behavioral is definitely bug. Because on my laptop ROG M16 Aura Sync not controlling brightness level both of the screen and keyboard. And this is OK, this is convenient.

So why it do this with Azoth?

I have the same issue with the latest Azoth firmware and the latest Armory Crate.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @lllbllllb 

If you have a specific need to adjust the ROG Azoth settings using the knob independently, we recommend not including it in the devices selected for Aura Sync.
Regarding the lighting effects of the ROG Azoth under Aura Sync, based on our previous confirmation, Aura Sync centrally manages all device lighting and brightness on the software side. Therefore, adjusting it through the knob would have no effect.

Thank you.

I have understood that.
And all what I want to say, that this behavior is a huge BUG.

Aura Sync is feature for manage lightning color-effects on the device, but not related with my comfort bright-level. Because color-effects is about beauty, but brightness-level is about my HEALTH. And inability to set brightness level when I want - affect my eyes.

So I want to use Aura Sync effects (because I bought this device for it) simultaneously with control of the brightness level (because I care about my eyes), like it works on my ROG laptop.

Just look.
I have two ROG devices: laptop M16 and keyboard Azoth. Both of them have a screen, and multicolor keyboard. In a laptop, I can use Aura Sync and set brightness level for both keyboard and screen at the same time. And I expect the same behavior with keyboard.