cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor skips when moved.

BullOneTwo
Level 7

Hi.

I don't quite know how to describe my problem so it will be understood. 

I have a Chakram X and it worked fine before I installed a Sound Blaster sound card.

When I move the cursor across the screen in a steady pace, the cursor stops for a fraction of a second and then jumps back to where it should have been, if it was following my movement.
This happens both on wireless and on cable. No difference.
I have tried all the different "polling rate" and "sensitivity" options. No difference.

A funny thing, if there is sound, fx from Spotify, the skipping is almost not noticeable.

I know the easy solution is to uninstall the sound card, but is there a solution for my problem and keeping the sound card?

Cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @BullOneTwo ,

based on your issue, may I ask have you make sure that both mouse and sound card driver is at the latest version?
You mentioned that the installation of the riser cable was to make room for the sound card. 
If possible, please try reseating the sound card in a different slot or removing the adapter cable to see if it has any effect.
Could you please provide a video demonstrating the cursor skipping issues?

Thank you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

BullOneTwo
Level 7

Update:
It might be the riser cable I installed to make space for the sound card...

Aureliannn_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @BullOneTwo ,

based on your issue, may I ask have you make sure that both mouse and sound card driver is at the latest version?
You mentioned that the installation of the riser cable was to make room for the sound card. 
If possible, please try reseating the sound card in a different slot or removing the adapter cable to see if it has any effect.
Could you please provide a video demonstrating the cursor skipping issues?

Thank you.

The drivers are up to date.

There is only one slot available for the sound card.

It is the riser cable coursing trouble.
I thought it was only the mouse cursor skipping on the desktop, but it is the whole computer that skips. (Graphic)
I see it in games too. It looks like a fps drop but the fps is stable.

Thank you for your time.