cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG SCOPE RX KEYS WILL NOT ILLUMINATE SECONDARY FUNCTIONS

fotiscr
Level 7

Can someone explain the following:

Row F1 - f12....Rgb will illuminate F1 to F4 the media keys but will not illuminate F5 - F6 which are displayed on the lower side of the keycap.

Same will happen to all keys that have a secondary function dispalyed on their lower side such as lock, Macro, mode and light on the arrow keys home pgup, end and pgdn on the numeric keyboard.

Can someone offer opinion if its faulty keyboard or software setting which I havent set up correctly? I have reset the keyboard multiple times but it wont make differenceASUS SCOPE.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @fotiscr 

May I inquire if only the area circled in the image, the position of the keycaps, lacks RGB lighting effects?

Has the situation you described occurred after any changes were made? For instance, updating the BIOS or connecting to another device
Have you installed the Armoury Crate? If so, could you kindly verify whether all items in the Armoury Crate Update Center have been updated to the latest version?
If you haven't installed Armoury Crate, we recommend installing it first and performing relevant firmware updates.

Thank you.

Dear Jiaszzz_Rog,

I confirm that all the circled keys on the image above plus all the symbols on row 1 - = (@#$%...) are not backlit.

It appears that Asus that IP57 P/N:90MP0240-BKUA0. version of the keyboard sold in Greece with PBT keycaps, comes without fully RGB backlit keys as it is show on  your image above.

Kind of misleading .

Thank you for your input

bobvoeh
Level 10

I have the ROG Strix Scope RX TKL Wireless Deluxe and it has the same behavior.  I honestly never paid any attention to it until I saw this thread.  Only the tops of the keys are illuminated, not any of the fronts of the keys.  Mine was purchased from Amazon in the US.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @fotiscr and @bobvoeh 

Upon verification, we have identified two similar models, the ROG Strix Scope RX and the ROG Strix Scope RX TKL Wireless Deluxe, with different designs on the keycaps.
From the images you provided, some details of your specific model are not clearly discernible.
Could you please provide your product serial number to us via private message?
As product serial numbers contain personal information, please refrain from disclosing in public comments.

Thank you.

PM Sent.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @bobvoeh 

Thank you for the information you provided via PM, and I have updated our conversation accordingly. 

Thank you.

Thank you for your input...I have pm  the SN to you... The whole issue is that the majority reviews on sites and youtubers if I m not mistaken, have fully RGB versions of the keycaps. Such variations should be clearly stated by ASUS  on the box by using different model name.

I was kind of disappointed when I first realized it . I would opt for the full RGB version as I like to type in full darkness

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @fotiscr 

Thank you for providing the relevant information. 
May I please confirm whether the described RGB can be toggled through the quick-toggle switch by pressing [FN] + [INS FN LOCK]?

If the shortcut key does not work and you have already confirmed that the drivers are up-to-date, is there a possibility that you could provide a video of you using the shortcut key for us to verify?

Thank you.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @fotiscr and @bobvoeh 

After carefully verifying the outer packaging provided by both of you, it appears that the difference is due to the specifications of PBT and ABS keycaps, which affect whether side RGB lighting is present.
Regarding the PBT keycaps, their specifications are listed on the product pages for both the ROG Strix Scope RX and the ROG Strix Scope RX TKL Wireless Deluxe. We also have a dedicated webpage introducing the ROG PBT Keycap Set.
If you have any further questions or concerns, as this may involve discussions related to personal information, please feel free to PM me at your convenience. 

Thank you.