cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyrus M16 no WiFi 6E

mhe
Level 7

While I do thoroughly enjoy my Zephyrus M16 (GU604VZ), the data sheet says it comes with a WiFi6E network adapter. So far, so good. The adapter it comes with is the Intel AX211 which also says 6E capable in the driver. However, try as I might, it won't show any 6Ghz networks.

What I would ultimately want is to set it up as a  6Ghz WiFi hotspot so I can connect my Quest 3 to it. Win11 does not give me the option to select 6Ghz when creating a hotspot, only 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

Driver for the network adapter is the latest from intel directly, version 22.250.1.2

Any ideas how to get this working?

2 REPLIES 2

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @mhe ,

I would like to confirm whether the wireless network card connected to your computer supports WiFi 6E. 

Could you please provide a screenshot of your settings for us to verify? Additionally, could you share your location and laptop serial number with us through private message for further confirmation? Thank you for your cooperation.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌

mhe
Level 7

Sure, no problem.

Ax211-1.png

Ax211-2.png

Ax211-22.png

Everything looks correct and 6E is indicated and also enabled in the driver settings. It just doesn't show 6Ghz networks.

What I want it to do is create a 6GHz hotspot for VR streaming, but as you can see below, it only allows to create a 2.4Ghz or a 5Ghz one.

Ax211-3.png

  

Ax211-4.png