cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyrus G16 (2024) slows down to 0.2 ghz RANDOMLY

CHARISvibes
Level 7

I bought laptop about month ago, and from few days i noticed huge problem with Intel Core Ultra 7 155H.

• It slows down do 200 mHz randomly for dozen seconds, then come back to normal, but its happens only ,,under pressure'' which means playing games, or running 3dMark (screens: https://imgur.com/a/fgewrNN). This causes the game to stutter.

• Doesn't matter if it running on different modes like turbo/performance.

• I didn't do any OC

• Updated BIOS/Windows changing nothing

• Changing power plans don't help.

• I also noticed that in this moments Throttlestop shows ''BD PRO'' error in red.

• Wattmeter shows power consumption in ~170W when laptop run correctly, and when CPU slows down do 200 mhz wattmeter shows about 60-70W

ASUS Official support want me to downgrade BIOS, but the problem is when i'll do it - i lose all data. Installing whole software to my work propably will make me die.

Please help me!

1 REPLY 1

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @CHARISvibes ,

I would like to confirm with you whether the BIOS version is already the latest version 315. Please try resetting the BIOS to default settings to see if the issue improves.

If the problem persists, please download Hwinfo and record the log before running 3DMark until 10 minutes after the end, and provide the following information via private message. I will provide feedback to the relevant unit for further investigation. Thank you for your cooperation.

• SN:
  • NVIDIA Display Driver Version:
  • Intel Graphics Driver Version:
  • Windows Build Version: (Settings - System - About)
  • Armoury Crate > Settings > About > Service Version > Check Button (Copy all content):
  • Are there any external monitors or other devices connected?
  • Have you added or replaced SSD/RAM?
  • Are you using the transformer provided by the original factory?
  • Please use AsLogDumptool to extract the log