cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyrus Duo 16 - occasional Black Screen

VersusC
Level 7

I'm facing the same problem as described in the post below:
https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/gaming-notebooks/zephyrus-duo-16-2022-occasional-black-screen/m-p/9421...

I noticed that it was resolved by replacing the motherboard under warranty. However, I am from Brazil and purchased this laptop in the USA. Is the only solution to this problem replacing the motherboard?

This problem started when I was in Brazil. I'm aware that my warranty is international. How can I resolve this issue without having to send it to the USA?

4 REPLIES 4

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @VersusC ,
I would like to confirm whether your BIOS has been updated to the latest version, 319. 
Regarding the black screen issue, does it occur during standby or while playing games? Could you please private message me your laptop information for further verification of your warranty details? Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌

Hi @Anbby_ROG !

I send you a private message with more details.
But for the benefit of everyone else, yes, my BIOS is on the latest version 319.

QQ02
Level 11

Just to check, does the issue also persist outside of Windows, i.e. in the BIOS screen or on live Linux? Just waiting 40 minutes while keeping a constant eye on it should confirm it.

If it does, then it does sound very familiar. For what it is worth, after the swap, no issues with the blinking.

HI @QQ02 
I haven't conducted specific tests, but the problem occurs randomly. It doesn't always happen when I'm engaged in a particular activity or playing games.
Typically, it occurs while I'm working. The laptop screen displays programs/windows in a more static manner for reference or for work-related tasks. I primarily use an external monitor as the main display due to its larger size.
Recently, it was occurring when I was simply responding to someone on Skype.

I saw that you made a video in which you changed the screen projection mode to resolve the issue. In my case, this method doesn't work. So, a solution I recently discovered is simply disconnecting the laptop from power. But I think it works because I'm using the MUX (ultimate mode). Previously, I had to put the machine into hibernation and then restart.

I believe it has something to do with the screen frequency. The reason is that I checked for any new updates on GeForce, and out of curiosity, I adjusted the screen frequency. I set it to 60Hz (the screen was off at this moment), and then the screen turned on. After that, I switched back to 165Hz, and so far, the problem hasn't occurred.

It had been a while since the problem last occurred. However, it recently started happening again.

The worst part of all this is that I can't keep it in Standard mode because when I'm not actively using the notebook, it simply shuts down on its own. I'm not sure if it's a blue screen, as sometimes I leave for an hour and come back to find the machine has restarted. Sometimes, I leave it on overnight, and the next day it has restarted. So, that's why I had to keep using the MUX.