cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi and BT erratic

Wanpela
Level 7

I run a 2021 ASUS TUF15 (FX505LH) on Win11 23H2. Since early December (roughly since the latest Win update) I've been having problems with wifi and BT. On the startup there's often no internet connection. Sometimes the problem is solved by "Diagnose network problems" and restarting the wifi card. Sometimes I'm prompted to turn wifi on. It usually doesn't work. I've been trying various ways and tutorials, including uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers for wifi and BT, power reset, following the tips given by ASUS Poland helpdesk (https://www.asus.com/pl/support/FAQ/1015073/) . I've tried using earlier driver versions, all to no avail. Quite often the problem appears when the laptop was on the lock screen and I log in again. Today both wifi and bluetooth disappeared when I connected a camera via a USB port. I managed to restore both only after a power reset. All this is both a nuisance and highly irritating. Any ideas how to solve that? #worstexperience #asustuf15

3 REPLIES 3

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Wanpela ,
I would like to confirm with you whether your BIOS has been updated to the latest version. 
Please try removing and reinstalling the MediaTek wireless network driver version V3.00.01.1314, as well as the MediaTek Bluetooth driver version V1.3.17.159, and test again to see if the issue has improved. 
If the problem persists, we recommend that you send your laptop to the local repair center for further diagnostics. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Wanpela
Level 7

Yes, BIOS is up-to-date. Actually, now that I checked the BT driver, it turned out that after the last reset I did, the driver is MIcrosoft 10.0.22621.2506

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Wanpela ,

Thank you for your reply. 
Based on your description, we recommend that you send your laptop to the local repair center for further diagnostics. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.