cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warrenty extended help

Patrick_Hume
Level 7

Hi all,

I thought my warranty was valid until June this year, but I got it wrong, and it actually expired in May this year. I was going to buy the extended warranty but now I'm outside the renewal time and can no longer get the extended warranty, I looked around but other warranty packages have to be purchased in the first 180 days. I know it's my fault for not doing it sooner but I genuinely thought that I had more time (like a whole month) and given that I only just missed the cut-off date (27 May 2023) I had hoped they might just make an exception as we are only talking about a few days but when I rang to ask they simply said no...so my question is does anyone know of another way I can get some sort of cover encase something on my laptop were to fail or am I SOL ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Patrick_Hume ,

Unfortunately, extending the warranty requires purchasing and activating it within the warranty period. 

If you encounter any issues later on, our repair center can still provide paid repair services.

However, we hope that none of this will be necessary. Good luck!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Patrick_Hume ,

I'm sorry to hear that. 
Since the extended warranty needs to be purchased and activated within the warranty period to take effect, may I confirm if you are currently experiencing any issues with your device?

If you have any questions or concerns regarding its usage, please feel free to let us know. Thank you.

No, my laptop is purring like a kitten, I try and take good care of it. It's more of an encase down the line something should go wrong, call me cautious but I feel much better knowing I have cover. I prefer the ASUS cover to taking out a private one because as the provider ASUS  know best how to resolve any issues. So I guess I'm out of luck? I am so annoyed at myself for getting the date wrong 😭

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Patrick_Hume ,

Unfortunately, extending the warranty requires purchasing and activating it within the warranty period. 

If you encounter any issues later on, our repair center can still provide paid repair services.

However, we hope that none of this will be necessary. Good luck!

Just I would do that though here https://eu-rma.asus.com/uk  I presume? Also, how dose the costing for that work, I assume they check out the issue and let you know how much it cost to fix ?

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Patrick_Hume ,

Regarding the fees for out-of-warranty diagnostics and related quotations, we suggest contacting your local service center for the relevant information. Thank you.

The following is the contact information:
https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#*

ok thanks for the help 🙂