cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB ports and internal keyboard not working

asusSUS1
Level 7

Hi guys,

ASUS Rog Strix G15QC owner (3 x USB ports, 1 x USB-C port).

The other day I plugged in a old 2008 wired Logitech mouse and keyboard (I didn't have my usual peripherals at the time). After unplugging the devices,
my laptop keyboard wasn't working.

Fast forward a week, I tried plugging in my usual peripherals. However, I've noticed neither are "connecting" to one of the USB ports and no devices are connecting
to the USB-C port. The other two USB ports work. However, when I plug an external SSD into the defect USB and USB-C port, it lights up...

Device Manager shows no USBSTOR is connected. Also checked Event Viewer and nothing to indicate anything. Re-installed the USB drivers several times, but to no avail.

I read on another forum to re-install the AMD chipset for my motherboard, but still no luck.

Has this occurred to anyone else? Perhaps hardware-related?

Not a tech geek, but there are two AMD USB Host Controllers. Does that mean one that of these Host Controllers services the DEFECTIVE USB, USB-C port and in-built keyboard,
while the other Host Controller services the two WORKING USB ports and USB composite?

asusSUS1_0-1718512271051.png

2 REPLIES 2

asusSUS1
Level 7

Edit: G513QC*

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @asusSUS1 ,

I'd like to confirm if the built-in keyboard is now functioning properly. Additionally, you mentioned that when the SSD is connected to the problematic USB and USB-C ports, the light comes on. Could you verify if the system detects any information from the SSD?

Please try updating and ensuring that the BIOS, Windows updates, and drivers on your laptop are all up to date. Follow the instructions in this link to reinstall USB-related drivers via Device Manager.

Reset the BIOS to default settings and, with the laptop powered off, disconnect all external devices and power sources. Press and hold the power button for 40 seconds to perform an EC reset. Reconnect the power and boot up to see if there is any improvement.

If the issue persists, I recommend taking your laptop to a local service center for further inspection. Thank you.