cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF 17 FX706HM Wifi icon keep missing

lorin
Level 7

For some time now, the wifi icon suddenly disappears on the computer. It's as if wifi never existed on the computer. My wifi driver is up to date, version 3.0.1.1294. At first, this problem was solved when I turned the computer off and on with the power flush method, but recently it has started to happen more frequently and the power flush method has not worked.

There is another theory that comes to my mind. I've noticed that when I plug the laptop in, i.e. when it gets power, I get this problem, but that doesn't always happen, so that's one theory. This may be a low probability but I wanted to write it down as a note to keep in mind.

5 REPLIES 5

lorin
Level 7

My current bios is FX706HM.315

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @lorin ,

Please try removing the MediaTek wireless and Bluetooth drivers, then connect the power and reinstall MediaTek wireless driver version V3.00.01.1294 and MediaTek Bluetooth driver version V1.3.17.155 to see if there's any improvement. Thank you.

Hi @Anbby_ROG 

I did as you said and I will inform you about the situation. Thanks.

this solution did not solve the problem

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @lorin ,

Thank you for your reply. If the issue persists, we recommend taking your laptop to the local service center for further hardware diagnostics. 

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.