cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The graphics card detectable in BIOS and the system does not switch from Eco mode

FoR3D
Level 8

Hello, I have a problem, I bought a used Asus Rog Strix SCAR 17 g733qsa-KH097T computer, the matrix is ​​not original, the card is visible in the device manager and in Bios, the bios is updated to the latest version 331, after turning on the system, the eco mode is activated and cannot be switched. In HWInfo the card is visible but does not provide the amount of VRAM. I tried reinstalling the drivers and reinstalling windows, also reinstalling amoury care using the uninstaller, I also tried to remove the drivers using DDU in safe mode with no results, in the BIOS there is no option to switch between igpu and dgpu. I would ask for help

3 REPLIES 3

QQ02
Level 11

Do you have Armoury Crate installed by any chance? Some ASUS laptops had the iGPU/dGPU (MUX) switch in the BIOS, but in recent years they have put it into Armoury Crate to reduce Linux compatibility. I suggest checking Armoury Crate for the switch to get off Optimized.

I have everything installed, there is no switch in the bios and when I try to switch it in amoury care, the application freezes when I try to switch it.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @FoR3D ,

According to your description, even after reinstalling the system, the issue persists. We recommend testing with the ASUS-validated driver versions, specifically the NVIDIA display driver (V30.0.15.1278) and AMD Graphics driver (V27.20.14044.2001). If the problem persists, it might be related to a hardware issue. We suggest taking your device to the nearest service center for further examination. Thank you.