cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix G16 micro-stutter

DevilsAdvocate6
Level 7

So I got the Strix G16 RTX 4080 and now it is micro stuttering every few seconds.

The stutters start about after 2 hours and then continue.

Only a restart helps but then repeat.

No updates are pending - BIOS, windows, MS Store, GPU

The only thing that did work was when I disabled the iGPU driver, but then when I enabled it back, the problem resets.

This is pissing me off so hard.

Please just anyone, tell me something.

12 REPLIES 12

1519EU
Level 8

This it happening with me too, i tried fully resetting my laptop and it still does it

Did you also perhaps try a full format? I am thinking of moving out of Asus's inbuilt OS installation, their stuff comes with the MacAfee c**p

Petty_85
Level 7

Hi, the same thing happens to me around 2 hours of playing the only thing that sorts it out is to restart the laptop , but then after a few hours it starts again stutters every few seconds , I can see it doing it when I am moving around in the game , am going to ring support tomorrow 

For me, it is happening irrespective of gaming or not, even if I am just merely listening to music, the stutters start after around 2 hours. God, have no clue. I tried setting the RGB to steady from the armoury crate since apparently for some (according to some replies on forums), it works, but mine has always been set to steady. But hey, you can give it a try.

The disabling of igpu works, but that cannot be a solution, I think.

A relevant post is this.

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/gaming-notebooks/micro-stutters-g16/td-p/947711

I sent the guy a DM. Let's see if he has anything for us.

This sucks man, we spent a fortune for post-buy c**p like this.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @DevilsAdvocate6  @1519EU  @Petty_85 ,

I would like to confirm if your product model is G614JZ. Could you please try updating the drivers to the latest version released on our official website? 

If the issue persists, could you kindly private message me with the following relevant information and also provide a video recording of the stuttering issue for further investigation?

(1) BIOS Version (Latest is 321):
(2) NVIDIA Display Driver (V31.0.15.2883):
(3) Intel Graphics Driver (V31.0.101.4502):
(4) Windows Build Version (Settings - System - About):
(5) Game/Software experiencing stuttering:

Thank you for your cooperation.

I reinstalled my driver like 7x and after the 8th I had no stutters anymore don't know why, it wasn't just in games my full laptop was stuttering before

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @1519EU ,

Thank you for your reply.  After reinstalling the system, have you installed any updates or software? 

Please continue to monitor your usage, and if you have any concerns, feel free to let me know. Thank you.

Chuck_Blunt
Level 7

It is happening to me too, I'm playing normally and after a while it starts stuttering every second or so, and then the stutters persist even when closing the game.

Model G634JZ
BIOS Version : 321
NVIDIA Display Driver : 31.0.15.4601
Intel Graphics Driver : 31.0.101.4502
Windows Build Version : Windows 11 Pro v. 22H2
Game/Software experiencing stuttering: Everything

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Chuck_Blunt ,

Could you please try updating the NVIDIA Display Driver to the latest version (V31.0.15.2883) released on our official website? 
If the issue persists, could you kindly  provide a video recording of the stuttering issue for further investigation?