cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix G16 extremely slow on battery?

dan6
Level 7

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if its really normal for the PC to run very slow when perfoming on Silent mode? 

Im not gaming, just browsing, all i have opened is google chrome, yet when i type i see the characters stutter and take some time to show on the screen.
Ive searched for the topic but saw most people having trouble were trying to game.

I understand that Silent mode should limit the machine´s perfomance but it feels very unusable the way it is rn, should i try contacting support or this is normal behavior?

Machine is Rox Strix G16, i7-13650HX, 16RAM, RTX 4070, bought about 5 to 6 months ago, 

Thanks for help 🙂

1 REPLY 1

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @dan6 ,

Have you updated your BIOS to the latest version 324?
When not plugged in, please check if your battery is low. Also, check for any background programs or updates running, as these can affect performance and cause slowness. Additionally, review your power mode and plan settings to check the battery mode is set to the lowest performance; try adjusting according to your usage needs. 
The above information is provided for your reference. If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let us know. Thank you.